Steam sales are a great time for two things: buying PC games for cheap, and putting our wallets on life support. These times are usually the time where PC gamers buy up their Wishlists, grabbing titles that they might not have bought otherwise. This means that many developers offer their best discounts during certain sales windows.
In previous years Valve used a lot of “flash” sales that had very limited timers. This led to the practice of Steam regularly crashing as gamers and resellers like rushed to buy up the cheap games en masse. Now, Valve has made a policy change that means any game that goes on sale will remain at the same discount level for the duration of the sale. No more having to rush to check Steam prices every few hours.
So let’s get ready and find out when the next sale begins.
When is the next Steam sale?
Each season, there are always some kind of sales running. During the big shopping holidays, that’s usually the best time to shop on Steam. The weekend discounts pale in comparison to the thousands of games on sale during the busiest sales. Most people expect a big rush during the Winter sale each year, but the Summer runs have been pretty massive too.
Here’s the full schedule of Steam sale dates for 2021:
- Steam Lunar New Year Sale 2021: February 11th – February 15th, 2021
- Steam Golden Week Sale 2021: April 29th – May 6th, 2021
- Steam Spring Sale 2021: May 27th – 31st, 2021
- Steam Summer Sale 2021: June 24th – July 8th, 2021
- Steam Halloween Sale 2021: October 28th – November 1st, 2021
- Steam Black Friday/Autumn Sale 2021: November 24th – 30th, 2021
- Steam Winter Sale 2021: December 22nd – January 5th, 2021
It’s advised to use something like Isthereanydeal to track any games you might want to buy. Wishlisting on Steam is good, but checking a dozen retailers for the best price on PC games is so much more useful.