ISKMogul Adventures is looking to expand, and we need writers to help us cover all of the interesting gaming news out there. If you’re passionate about gaming and want to make some easy money from home, here’s your chance.
Are you a casual gaming fan, journalism student, intern or just someone looking to get their foot in the door of games journalism? If so, then ISKMogul Adventures wants to hear from you. And even if you don’t have experience with writing, say you’re a Twitch streamer looking to make content about a game you enjoyed streaming, we’d love to work with you too. A long as you write good and original content, we would love to hear from you.
You can create reviews, previews and general news for a variety of gaming platforms. Whether it’s writing about PC games, console gaming or writing about a particular MMO, whatever.
We have very few requirements in order to be considered a writer or content creator on our site. If you decide to move on from working for us at any time, rest assured that your bylines and content will remain intact and unaltered for the lifetime of the site. Unless you request to be removed from the site. We don’t own your content either, it’s yours. The only thing we ask is that you do not publish the exact same content elsewhere while it still resides on our site.
Above all else, we want to maintain content quality, so certain types of content may receive harsher scrutiny than others. We’ll be much more lenient towards a simple post about a new launch trailer than we will about a full written review for a $60 AAA game. That’s not to discourage anyone from putting the time and effort into lengthy and thorough posts, rather an expression that we’ll be less lenient on mistakes or omissions in those kinds of works.
- Each article must be 300 words in length minimum, with longer reviews and game guides having a minimum of 500 words
- Videos should be five minutes in length or longer, but not longer than 30 minutes
- No copied content
- Excellent English grammar and spelling
- Thorough and in-depth knowledge of the topics being discussed
- Reliable points of contact
- HD video (at least 720p resolution)
- Gameplay footage should be recorded at least 60 FPS if possible.
- All videos should be no longer than 30 minutes in length, per video.
- Audio quality should be crisp and free of background noise and other issues.
We’re gearing up to produce video content and have secured a means to monetize it. If you want to get into creating gaming videos, we can help. You do the work of handling content creation and editing, and get paid, and we handle the promotional and technical side of things. Videos are to be embedded on the site, with edited content such as reviews and news coverage to be uploaded on our YouTube channel.
Edited video content such as reviews should include gameplay footage, but with original game audio removed where possible. This is to avoid potential copyright issues on some content. Raw gameplay footage can be submitted and will be approved on a case-by-case basis. You retain ownership of your videos, and are free to upload them elsewhere after 14 days. Any ad revenue earned against the video, for the life of it on our site, will be shared with you.
We will accept any video content about games or gaming news, with a preference for polished and edited content. Raw gameplay for the newest titles will be accepted.
Guides and Features Writer
- 500+ word articles are preferred for more focused content, with a good mix of outbound links to related content, related keywords and a good focus on SEO.
- Excellent English grammar and spelling
- Thorough and in-depth knowledge of the topics being written about
If you’re interested in writing content for the following games, please get in touch with us, as we’d love to work with you. You aren’t restricted to these games though, they’re just our most popular niches, so you’re going to get more traffic writing about these games:
EVE Online – Looking for:
- Coverage of political and military developments within New Eden. Low Sec, Null or High, we want to hear what you have to say.
- PvP or PvE guides and related content, if you want to help new EVE players with a written guide, we’d love to pay you for it.
Path of Exile – Looking for:
- Build guides for current POE Leagues.
- General guides for league mechanics or gameplay basics in Path of Exile.
Warframe – Looking for:
- Guide writers to cover farming, how to craft new items and other topics of interest to Warframe players.
Let’s Talk Money
We aren’t the biggest gaming website in the world, so we’ll pay you what we realistically can. Payment is based on both the type of content and the volume of traffic it receives. A basic preview article like this Mortal Kombat piece, focusing on a daily news item will pay a certain amount. While a much more thorough game guide like this Path of Exile guide will pay a bit more.
$3.00 per 300-500 word news article, op-ed, or other item submitted. $0.10 per 200 pageviews on each item of this type.
$5.00 per video submitted, CPM is determined on a per-case basis, you still get paid per 200 views per video.
$6.00 per 500+ word niche piece, review or game guide submitted. $0.25 per 200 pageviews on each item of this type.
Each piece gets a one-time flat fee for an accepted submission. We also pay based on how many pageviews your content gets in the first two weeks after publication. The typical lifespan of written content for hitting high impression counts is normally within those two weeks from going live.
All positions are paid based on CPM (share of revenue per 1,000 page impressions on your content). Payment is made on a Net 30 schedule. For example, payment owed for August 6th would be paid on the following month 30 days from the day it was submitted and approved. All payments are made via PayPal.
If you’re interested in writing for us, simply email [email protected] and we can get started. Be prepared to submit content you’ve written as part of the review process. It’s best to structure your e-mail as a pitch, including any links to previous content you’ve written, if possible. Any e-mails with no details or pitch will be treated as spam and ignored.