The launch of Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 has a lot of chaos and new things. There are new items like Guzzle Juice. Players are finding all kinds of hidden challenges, and so much more. In fact, one of the big new challenges involves the mystical NPC, Shanta. This mysterious helper has an objective, and she needs your help.
The Shanta quests number 10 in total, and most of them have to do with collecting Gem Fragments. There are multiple locations you need to visit across the map to gather these. The gas stations, the Seven Vaults, and more will all need to be visited. Epic clearly wants players to explore this grand new map.
Where to collect gem fragments at gas stations in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1
Gas station locations in Fortnite are useful for two things; finding vehicles, and scrapping things for salvage and materials. Smacking derelict cars with your harvesting tool is a great way to get metals for your traps and other buildings. But for the Shanta quests, you need to head around and look for the giant blue crystals. They’re very easy to spot. You will only need to search for six of these, and there are 8 stations in total.
- Camp Cuddle Gem Fragment: Just west of Camp Cuddle, look around the backside of the station for the Gem.
- Logjam Lumberyard Gem Fragment #1: West of Logjam Lumberyard, at the intersection. This station has a repair shop with the Gem inside that.
- Logjam Lumberyard Gem Fragment #2: West of the lake that’s south of Logjam Lumberyard, look in-between the pumps.
- Central Map Gem Fragment: In the mountain north of Rocky Reels, The gem is between the gas station and repair shop.
- Rocky Reels Gem Fragment #1: Take the road going south of Rocky Reels to find the gas station at the intersection. The Gem is found by the door.
- Rocky Reels Gem Fragment #2: Take the road going northeast of Rocky Reels to find this one. The gem should be sitting next to a garbage truck near some pumps.
- Daily Bugle Gem Fragment: Along the road running to the east of the Daily Bugle. This gem is directly outside the front of the station.
- The Joneses Gem fragment: East of The Joneses, a large gas station can be found. It’s right beside the coast. This Gem is up in the air next to the sign, build up to it.
Here’s a map that lays out each gas station location.
The gas stations are a great place to loot before heading out and finishing some challenges. In fact, this week has a ton of stuff to do. These mysterious devices can be hard to find, and kick off a quest chain. You then need to visit a giant statue, then destroy some signal jammers. There’s a lot to do in Chapter 3. And then, of course, there are the weekly challenges. We’re in Week 1, so the challenges are pretty simple.
Chapter 3 Season 1 Week 1 Quests
- Search chests or ammo boxes at landmarks (0/10)
- Discover named locations (0/10)
- Get eliminations with an SMG or Sniper Rifle (0/3)
- Damage opponents with an assault rifle (0/1000)
- Damage opponents while sliding (0/50)
- Open a Vault with another player (0/1)
- Harvest resources (0/1000)
- Jump through flaming rings in a vehicle (0/2)
- Land at the Daily Bugle, then finish Top 25 (0/2)