The launch of Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 has a lot of chaos and new things. There are new items like Guzzle Juice. Players are finding all kinds of hidden challenges, and so much more. Shanta has shown up, and asks for players to help them out. You need to figure out what’s going on with these Gem Fragments. These Gem Fragments tie into the story in some fashion, but it remains unclear how. For now, we just have to be content with finding and collecting them.
The Shanta quests number 10 in total, and most of them have to do with collecting Gem Fragments. There are multiple locations you need to visit across the map to gather these. The gas stations, the Seven Vaults, and more will all need to be visited. So here’s what to do when it comes to the Vaults.
Where to collect gem fragments outside Seven Vaults in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1
Here are the seven locations you need to visit to find gem fragments outside Seven Vaults in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1. Each of these locations is pretty hard to find, unless you know where to look. Each location listed below will be relative to the nearest POI. Head to these locations to collect the gem fragments outside Seven Vaults.
The vaults themselves are non-standard buildings with circular structures and electronic doors. They tend to stand out, so they’re not too hard to spot.
- Camp Cuddle: The gem fragment north of Camp Cuddle can be found inside the base, on a dining room table.
- Chonker’s Speedway: East of Chonker’s Speedway, this gem is found along the river, just near the coast.
- Daily Bugle: Northeast of the Daily Bugle, you will find this Seven Vault nestled in some trees.
- Greasy Grove: Head southwest of Greasy Grove, and look just north of the small island to find this Gem Fragment inside the base.
- Sanctuary: Off the islands on the eastern coast, head to the island just north of the coast. You’ll spot the Seven Vault pretty easily.
- Logjam Lumberyard: Head up to the mountain marked on the map below to find a large Seven base. Head into the larger of the two main buildings. The Gem Fragment is found in the basement.
- Coney Crossroads: Just southeast of the map’s central lake, there is a massive outpost that bears multiple buildings. Head into the smallest one and run down its flight of stairs to collect the gem.
And here’s a map that lays out each Vault location.
And don’t think you’re out of stuff to do just yet. In fact, this week has a ton of stuff to do. These mysterious devices can be hard to find, and kick off a quest chain. You then need to visit a giant statue, then destroy some signal jammers. There’s a lot to do in Chapter 3.