Temtem release early access patch notes
The game clearly based heavily on Pokémon, and it’s rather popular. The game hit Steam today to a flurry of positive reception and new users. Tens of thousands of new players have flooded the server, just trying to sign up and begin their adventure. Back when we first saw this new open-world MMO game, everyone was hyped for it. And it appears that this hype is pretty universal.
So to keep players happy, the developer just pushed out a new patch, as well as some hotfixes. The hotfixes deployed to deal with some server issues that made it impossible for many players to sign up. The larger patch tweaked a bunch more stuff though. There’s now some rough French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean and Simplified Chinese translations in the game, so that’s good.
Various animations and translations have been updated and tweaked, mostly to make the whole thing a little smoother of an experience. Some keybinding changes are also in the game as well. Finally, a handful of bugs and UI issues have been fixed as well. The developer also added a new profanity filter to username creation.
If you’re one of those new players in Temtem, you might be a little lost. If you’re having trouble grasping game mechanics, we have some help for you. Temtem is a monster collecting game very similar to Pokémon, so the there’s the need for a type weakness guide. There’s also a guide on the Starter Temtems.
Check out the full patch notes down below. You can also head over to the official site and see them as well.
- Added French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean and Simplified Chinese translations. Translations are a work in progress so it is expected to have some parts of the game missing localizations.
- Added a “Redeem” option in the main menu in order to redeem promo codes (Kickstarter backers, future promotions, etc).
- Added a search button on the friends screen. Works both using the exact name or the tamer ID.
- Added hidden hotkeys for every possible action in battle
- Technique One: LT+X / Key 1
- Technique Two: LT+Y / Key 2
- Technique Three: LT+A / Key 3
- Technique Four: LT+B / Key 4
- Swap: RT+X / Key 5
- Rest: RT+Y / Key 6
- Item: RT+A / Key 7
- Run: RT+B / Key 8
- Added a setting to tweak the dialogs’ speed.
- Added a setting to disable the characters’ voices in dialogs.
- Added a setting to disable the chat (although in the current early access release, it will be always disabled while we work on the final chat implementation).
- Added a profanity filter check to the character names.
- Improved the starter pick animation.
- Improved the character creation screen: removed scrolls, increased size of the body type sprites, tweaked how the style animations are displayed…
- Added and changed some of the cosmetics available during the character creation to allow more diversity in options.
- When two players send each other the same online request (co-op, add friend, trade…), the request will be automatically accepted.
- Added a cooldown after finishing a conversation and before starting it again.
- Improved navigation in the Squad interface when in co-op.
- Added a visual cue in the HealTem machines to depict the Temessence Phial refilling.
- Added a system message when a co-op party is created.
- Emotes menu won’t cancel notifications anymore.
- Added a gender filter in the Temdeck.
- Added all current breeding gears to the breeding center store.
- Time required for creating an egg has been reduced from 25 / 15 to 10 / 5.
- During the animation when sending a Temtem, the proper Temcard will now be displayed.
- Regenerating tutorial showing an incorrect HP recovered amount.
- Incorrect EXP showed after using a growth enhancer.
- Being able to use several items from the Backpack when having high lag.
- Paparazzo’s quest marker not being displayed in the minimap.
- Being able to pick items near a wall while sliding.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.