Red Faction Guerrilla Remastered coming to PC
THQ Nordic are announcing that they’re working on a full remaster of the stellar Red Faction Guerrilla. And yes, all of the much-loved environmental destruction tech is included in this remaster, in case you were wondering.
The game won’t see any real changes in story or anything like that, sadly. If you missed it the first time around, the game is set 50 years after the original Red Faction and players take on the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly formed Red Faction movement as they battle the Earth Defense Force. And yes, it comes with all the Red Faction destructible environment goodness.
The Remastered version has a bunch of work done to the entire graphics and rendering backend for the game. Shaders, textures and lighting have all been revampled. Shader & postprocessing techs are getting a rework, and native 4K su0pport is being implemented. Check out some very snazzy screenshots below:
Red Faction Guerrilla Remastered is coming to PC and two consoles. Here’s a full rundown:
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare – You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction – Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay – Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting – Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat – There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
- Fully reworked graphics – Heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding for example specular maps.
- Improved shadow rendering
- Improved Lighting
- Shader & Postprocessing rework
- Native 4k support for the finest up to date mars destruction experience ever
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.