Path of Exile pushes another hotfix with 3.7.4c patch
With the incredibly complex ARPG Path of Exile, things can and do go wrong. Thankfully developer GGG is on top of things and is constantly cranking out patches to fix various issues. And that’s the focus of this story as Grinding Gear Games has just released the 3.7.4c hotfix patch to their game, aimed at dealing with a few of these ongoing problems.
It’s actually a very small patch, mostly aimed at bug fixes, but there are a few gameplay changes packed away in the patch. So while it’s not as groundbreaking as a recent patch which tweaked private leagues to add a much-needed feature, 3.7.4c is still great.
On the bug-smashing front, GGG has stabilized some issues players had while Delving where instances would crash out. A handful of other crashes, party bugs and messaging issues also got knocked out. Bug reporting was also improved, as players have the ability to add more information via the bug reporting tool in-game.
The biggest change is that ladders will now show experience for participating players when that ladder has a set goal. This should allow for a more granular control of rankings in races and ladder events, which is a welcome change.
You can find the full patch notes for this update below.
3.7.4c Patch Notes
- Updated ladders for events with a set goal (such as the upcoming Kitava kill event). These ladders will now show experience for participating players. Players who have not yet achieved the goal will appear under players who have, sorted by experience. Players who have achieved the goal will still be sorted in the order in which they achieved the event’s goal.
- You can now provide additional context when using the /bug command by typing /bug followed by any additional information. For example, /bug An item dropped in an inaccessible location.
- You will now be notified if a whisper that you send fails to be delivered to its recipient.
- Reduced the frequency of Delve instances timing out when being generated.
- Fixed pixelation in the Transcendence Portal effects.
- Fixed a bug where a party leader leaving and then re-joining the same party could cause the party members to not be displayed in the party user interface.
- Fixed a rare bug where specific characters could not be invited to a party.
- Fixed a rare bug where you would leave a party but the server would still think that you were in a party.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur during the Guardian of the Minotaur encounter.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur during the Primordial Blocks boss encounter.
Path of Exile is free-to-play now on PS4, PC and Xbox One. Currently, the 3.7 patch is running through the Legion League, offering a great new way to engage in warfare through time, yes really. Basically if you want to be a Terminator in a fantasy setting, Legion League is for you.
And soon we’re going to start hearing about the next patch and its new challenge league in POE 3.8.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.