If you want to find out which Path of Exile 3.14 Skills got buffed and nerfed, here’s the guide for you. We’ve included all the notable skill changes in the review below. There are a fair few nerfs being handed out to various builds and skills, so it’s a good idea to keep abreast of these alterations. GGG has added a bunch of new skill gems. we won’t go over those in detail though, check out the patch notes for that. This guide will focus much more on the gameplay changes and what we expect to be the most commonly used skills. We’re also going to look for nerfs to powerful builds you might want to know about.
Other Path of Exile 3.14 Guides:
- Path of Exile 3.14 Ultimatum League Starter Builds
- Atlas Passive Trees Explained
- Update your Loot Filter for Ultimatum League
- Making Currency in Path of Exile
- Vendor Recipes Guide
Basic Changes to non-Skill mechanics:
- Cruelty, Reap, Exsanguinate and more are all new skills gems with effects that focus heavily on blood and physical damage themes.
- 13 new Uniques and 14 Divination Cards, as usual.
- Veiled Chaos Orb adds crafting options to get powerful options from Jun that are not normally as easy to find.
- Vaal Reliquary Key allows for more Foil Unique options too.
- Conquerors of the Atlas encounters can now be accessed through a map item.
- Ritual is in the core game. Each map has an 8% base chance to contain Ritual Altars. Deferred items will reappear at later Areas at a higher rate to account for these changes.
- Awakening Bonus Objectives no longer provide additional chance to receive an Atlas Mission when completing a Map.
- Harvest nerfs
- Damaging unique enemies now generates 6 Vaal souls per 2% life lost.
League Content Changes
- Abyss Scarabs have more sources, there will be better overall modifers on Abyss Jewels thanks to reworks to mod pools.
- Blighted Maps can now be Corrupted with outcomes similar to regular Maps. Blighted Maps now apply the Map’s Item Quantity Modifier to the Blight Chest count at 20% of the total value.
- 10 new Beastcrafting recipes, Split items and Fractured Fossils apply a modifier that restricts their use, removes item duping.
- Easier to upgrade Breachstones
- Delirium Item Quantity scaling has been nerfed to a much lower potential maximum that scales slower.
- Delve has been rebalanced in a way that makes better rewards appear earlier and more frequently at shallow depths.
- Essences will be more balanced to make it easier to craft certain mods.
- The amount of experience required to level up a Heist Rogue has been reduced by 20% per level.
- Talismans no longer drop using the well-rolled modifier system. No more incredible Talisman drops.
- Perandus coins should be easier to obtain.
- Consuming an Offering to the Goddess in the Map Device now opens portals to a random Trial of Ascendancy for the Eternal Labyrinth. Divine Font now displays multiple choices, reducing need to farm enchants.
Main Attack Skill Reworks
Here are all of the Path of Exile 3.14 skills that are attacks or other main abilities that got general buffs. Rather than recapping all the Vaal skills that got buffed, which most of them did, we’re going to add the ones that got nerfed to the list. It seems GGG focused on nerfing the Vaal variants of skills were they also nerfed the normal version this patch. Any Vaal skill not listed here can be assumed to have gotten a numerical buff to its DPS and core stats.
- Bladestorm – Now deals 70-108% more Damage with Bleeding while in Blood Stance.
- Blade Blast – Major reduction in dded damage effectiveness and direct Physical Damage.
- Blade Vortex – Reduced Base duration and radius. Reduced added DPS and direct Physical Damage.
- Frost Bomb – 10 percentage point reduction in penalty to Cold Resistance.
- Summon Carrion Golem – Longer Cascade Cooldown, 11% reduction in total damage.
- Toxic Rain – The spread range of spore pods from Toxic Rain is now affected by Area of Effect modifiers. This means that having higher Area of Effect causes the resulting spore pods to spread out more. The base spread range of the spore pods has also been slightly lowered. Spore Pod movement speed reduction massively lowered.
- Vigilant Strike – Fortify Duration effect removed, replaced with Fortify on Melee hit. Quality no longer grants increased Fortify duration, instead grants Fortify for 0-2 seconds on Melee Hit. Massive nerf to builds relying on Fortify uptime.
- Vaal Arc – Very specific builds that scale on ignite and other status effects have been nerfed.
- Vaal Blade Vortex – Reduced damage and slower attacks.
- Vaal Cyclone – Reduced Attack Speed, more DPS, better uptime.
- Vaal Righteous Fire – Major DPS reduction, Increased Crit Chance per Power Charge. Reduced Soul Gain Prevention
Support Skill Reworks
Blood Magic Support has been removed and replaced with a new set of two support gems to add more variety to the gameplay style. Lifetap is the big one, and will likely see heavy use this league. Along with the additions of new skills, there’s going to be a lot of builds that will test things out with these new skills as well. Here are the basic numerical details on each of the support skills in PoE 3.14, Ultimatum League.
- Anger – Slight increase in Fire Damage to Attacks and Spells
- Berserk – Nerf to Divergent quality Spell Damage bonus.
- Flesh and Stone – 35% Mana reservation up from 25%.
- General’s Cry – Slight reduction in Channel Duration.
- Punishment – Cursed enemies now take much less damage.
- Seismic Cry – Nerf to Exerted Attack Damage of 10 percentage points.
- Spellslinger – No longer supports skills granted by items. No longer activates if there are no valid linked skills.
- Vitality – Major reduction to Life Regen
- Wave of Conviction – Increased damage effectiveness, -15% to Elemental Resistance from -25%. Increased Physical Damage.
Source: POE Site