With a much more unique approach to gameplay and item management in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, the game has some very confusing twists in store for long-time franchise fans. The new systems can be pretty confusing, so here’s some help if you need it.
Like previous games, evolution items are back. With this new game, there’s a lot to manage, as Trainers have a more obtuse evolution system to tackle. The game throws a lot of new content at you was well, adding to the complexity. Trade Evolutions are back again, requiring some backtracking to get a full dex. In order to actually perform the Trade Evolutions in Pokémon Legends Arceus, you’ll need the necessary item, and that can be kind of hard. For this guide, we’re going to talk about how to get the Linking Cord in Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
How to get the Linking Cord for Trade Evolutions
This guide will cover the Linking Cord, which is described in the menus as “A string exuding a mysterious energy that makes you feel a strange sense of connection. It’s loved by certain Pokemon.”
The most obvious way to get this evolution item is through a certain request later in the game. You will get one from Ward in Jubilife Village. The NPC wants to see a completed Pokedex entry on Gastly. Gather the information by completing Gastly’s associated tasks to level to research level 10. Once you’ve done that, return to Ward for the Cord. This request is Quest #64: Getting to Know Ghosts.
There are a few other ways to get your hands on it, described below:
- The Linking Cord is available from the Merit Points shop in Jubilife Village for the price of 1000 Merit Points. Head out and return Lost Satchels to afford this.
- The Linking Cord is a potential rare item drop inside Space-Time Distortions. Head to these special spawns to reap the rewards by completing capture quests for various exclusive Pokémon.
What is the Linking Cord used for?
As an evolution item, all you have to do is obtain a Linking Cord and then use it on the Pokemon you want to evolve. Which Pokemon love the Linking Cord? Here’s the list of Trade Evolutions in Legends Arceus:
- Kadabra evolving to Alakazam
- Machoke evolving to Machamp
- Graveler evolving to Golem
- Haunter evolving to Gengar.