Suicune in Pokémon Go is the second of the new Generation 2 Legendary Pokémon added to the game this week. It was preceded by Entei, and then Raikou comes after that. Here are all the details about the new Legendary. We’re going to cover the best counters to bring into battle. Also, you will only find it in certain locations, we will cover that too. And just for fun, we’ll answer some basic questions about the new monster.
How to Capture Suicune in Pokémon Go
There are plenty of choices you can make when fighting the new five-star Raid, here are some helpful tips.
Where to find Suicune
Here are all the details for what you need to do to find the new monster. Suicune in Pokémon Go can only be found inside of Five-star Raids in the mobile game. And if you’re hunting for a Shiny, there’s a chance to get it here too. Suicune has already had its shiny version in the game, so it may come back this time around.
Best Pokémon to counter Suicune
Suicune is a Water-type Pokémon. It will be weak to Electric and Grass-type attacks, but it will be resistant to Fire, Ice, Steel, and Water-type moves. This means that Grass-types will be favored, but Electrics will be a good choice as well. Bringing a mix of the two is usually best.
Suicune is pretty tough, but some strong Electric-type Pokémon will be the best option, as they will have to absorb lots of damage from the Raid boss. Here are some options to pick from. Zekrom, Roserade, and Zapdos are all really great PvE options to capture Suicune in Pokémon Go.
- Dragon and Electric-type Pokémon with powerful moves like Bite and Wild Charge. Hits hardest of any of the three best options for the Raid.
- CP – 4,565
- Attack – 275
- Defense – 211
- Stamina – 205
- Grass and Poison-type Pokémon with less defensive power, but still strong attacks that can deal heav damage in the new Raid. Razor Leaf and Sludge Bomb are good moves for this fight.
- CP – 3,359
- Attack – 243
- Defense – 185
- Stamina – 155
- Electric and Flying-type Pokémon from Kanto, has a ton of defense and some really good counters against Suicune. Use Thundershock as a starter, then move into more powerful moves. Thunderbolt is a good option for later rounds.
- CP – 3,987
- Attack – 253
- Defense – 185
- Stamina – 207
Here are some other recommendations for taking on the Raid. Since you need six total monsters to fight the Raid, you need to bring as many hard counters to the boss as possible. If you can’t get at least one of the counters listed above, stack your team with as many of the direct Weaknesses for Suicune as you can.
- Alolan Exeggutor
- Mega Venusaur
Is Suicune worth it?
To answer this question, we need to look at the new monster’s stats. Suicune is on the lower end of legendary Pokémon by the numbers, so it’s a very specific case to use in PvP. PvE is a better case though. It has pretty good Defense and Stamina which are key in Raids.
- Water-type Pokémon Pokémon from Johto, added as part of the Johto Celebration event.
- CP – 2,983 (PvP)
- Attack – 154 (PvP) 180 (PvE)
- Defense – 197 (PvP) 235 (PvE)
- Stamina – 189 (PvP) 225 (PvE)
These low stats make it very unsuitable for PvP in the Master League, making it pretty situational as Legendary monsters are often restricted in other leagues. There are better Water-type options as well that aren’t as weak to common types. You will want to pair it with something that offers type coverage against its weaknesses; That means choices like Dialga, Melmetal, Rhyperior and other Electric counters are a decent option. Toss some Fire or Steel-types in there was well, depending on what you’re fighting.