Crow is on the Tangled Shore and is right next to Spider. So why is this new NPC so important? This is because the new Season of the Hunt content ties into the Crow. And to get the best gear unlocks, you need to upgrade Crow Reputation rank in Destiny 2. You need to farm missions and get his rank up to get more unlocks like new Exotics, as well as gear upgrades.
How to unlock Hunts
To access Wrathborn Hunts in Destiny 2: Beyond Light, players must have access to Tangled Shore and the Moon by completing the first missions in Forsaken and Shadowkeep expansions. From there you need to progress through the story quests until you reach the Ascendant Plane and being questing there.
When you’re out hunting, you will notice that your Lure has Prey slots, here are the upgrades for the Lure and their costs:
- Armor Trophy Mod: All-Around – Armor obtained from Wrathborn will roll with higher stats; costs 10,000 glimmer.
- Trophy Perk Veto Mod I – Weapons obtained from a successful Wrathborn Hunt will exclude specific perks; costs 8,000 glimmer.
- Trophy Mod: Handling – Weapons obtained from Wrathborn will exclude the handling masterwork; costs 8,000 glimmer.
- Armor Trophy Mod: Recovery – Armor obtained from a Wrathborn will roll with a higher recovery stat bias; only five are available each week; costs 10,000 glimmer.
- Trophy Perk Veto Mod IV – Weapons obtained from a successful Wrathborn Hunt will exclude specific perks; costs 8,000 glimmer.
Crow will give you access to new upgrades for the Lure under his “Lures and Mods” menu. Check there to see what ranks you need for various items. You will want to prioritize unlocking and using any mods that add more Recon Data permanently because that’s key to farming this stuff. Get the Recon Data buffs as soon as possible.
Crow also has various Daily and Weekly bounties to complete. For example, the current Weekly Bounties involve killing four each of Hive and Fallen bosses with Stasis damage. While you’re doing these, be sure to focus on raising your Crow Reputation rank.
To upgrade your Reputation Rank you will need Recon Data. Each batch of 20 that you hand in will bring up your Crow Reputation rank by one. Here’s how to get more Recon Data.
How to farm Recon Data
You can earn Recon Data in a few different ways. The best way is to farm Wraitborn hunts with the right Lure mods in place. You can earn these through upgrading the Cryptolith Lure and adding in various mods targeted at the bosses you fight on the Hunts. The Cryptolith Lure will have charges that you need to fill up to trigger hunts, here’s how to get charges for the Cryptolith Lure.
Make sure you equip those Recon Data buffs to your lures for hunts, as this will speed things up. Here are the reputation unlocks you will encounter from Crow:
- Rank 1: Reputation Boost I – Increases the amount of recon data obtained from Wrathborn Hunts.
- Rank 2: Improved Seeker I – Unlocks Hive Wrathborn Hunts.
- Rank 4: Power Hunter – Increases the power level of rewards obtained from Wrathborn Hunts. The amount of weekly powerful Wrathborn Hunt rewards is increased from two to four; the Crow’s weekly challenge is upgraded to a pinnacle reward.
- Rank 6: Reputation Boost II – Increases the amount of recon data obtained from Wrathborn Hunts (stacks with earlier upgrade); increases drop rate of Lure mods when completing non-Wrathborn activities.
- Rank 8: Seasoned Hunter – Beneficial modifiers are activated in Wrathborn Hunts.
- Rank 10: Mutation Mod Extractor – Increases the number of Mutation Mods obtained in Wrathborn Hunts.
For those who have the premium season pass for the Season of the Hunt, at season ranks 32, 52, 72, and 92, you’ll receive a boost to the base rate of Recon Data earned from Hunts. So if you’ve paid into the new content, that’s something you should aim for. Also, if you’re on the Premium Track, there are unlocks along the path that also rewards raw Recon Data.