Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 has begun, which means a new map, and new map challenges as well. As you explore the new map and Battle Pass, you will notice that a lot of the new challenges revolve around the Mandalorian and his spiffy new skin. As the first week rolls on, we’ll figure out more about this, but for now, let’s talk about what we know.
You might want to check out the more recent map challenges for Week 8 if you’re after those.
We will see a new crop of map challenges pop up each week, So be sure to keep checking this guide to see the new updated list of tasks you can take on.
All Map Challenges for Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 – Week 1
- Complete bounties (0/5) – 55000 XP
- Stage 1 of 4 – Shotgun Elimination (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Stage 2 of 4 – Assault Rifle Damage (0/500) – 20000 XP
- Stage 3 of 4 – Sniper Rifle Elimination from 150m – 20000 XP
- Stage 1 of 3 – Discover Named Locations (0/5) – 20000 XP
- Stage 2 of 3 – Talk to a character (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Stage 3 of 3 – Collect Bars (0/500) – 20000 XP
- Destroy structures at Pizza Pit or Pizza Pete (0/10) – 10000 XP
What are Bars?
Bars in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 are a new special currency you get for completing challenges and just playing the game. You can get Bars by completing Bounties for NPCs in the game. You will find them all over the place. Each Bounty has its own goal and NPC associated with it. And depending on what tasks you get handed, the Bars rewarded will differ. Players have to complete enough bounties to get 500 Bars this week. You can spend these Bars on weapons, vehicles and other upgrades with the various NPCs around the map. You can even use them to buy a player location, which will highlight the location of a player on the map.
How to destroy 10 structures at Pizza Pit or Pizza Pete
Somehow the pizza restaurant has survived the chaos of Zero Point. All you need to do to complete this challenge is to head to the POI where these buildings are located and start smashing. Pizza Pete’s place can be found right on the edge of the desert, near the Orchard. Anything inside the building, from vending machines to tables, counts for this challenge. Smash 10 things and you can get the challenge wrapped up. That’s an easy 10,000 XP.
How to complete Bounties
Bounties are special miniature quests found dotted all over the map. You can take on a variety of types of miniature missions, all of them reward Bars. Various NPCs can be found to hand out these missions. There are a couple of different types. For some types of missions, you will have to battle players, In cases where you have to kill a specific target, things get interesting, as you can still claim half the Bars for the quest if someone else eliminates that playe before you get to them.
We can expect more of these to pop up over time, but for now, the types of Bounties that you should focus on are:
- Travel – Simply head over to the named POI
- Weapon Damage – Deal a certain amount of damage with a certain weapon type
- Elimination – Find and eliminate a randomly assigned target, you will be given a general area to search for them
- Get a certain number of Eliminations – Just get player kills until you complete the challenge.