Railway Empire Heads to Canada in Great Lakes Expansion
Rail tycoons have something new to be excited about in Railway Empire. Kalypso Media has released another new expansion that takes players into the
The Great Lakes map which is the focus of this expansion has 19 new cities that you’ll need to supply with trade goods and the like. To assist with this, the expansion adds two new engines, Achilles (0-4-0) and Canadian (2-8-0).
There’s also a new custom Scenario called “Dominion Day”. This new scenario to the frozen north, and takes place over a twenty year span from 1860-1880. Within this scenario, you’ll need to build infrastructure and production out to support and increasing demand for various goods.
The game was also recently patched to it’s version 1.5 update. This patch introduced a lot of new features but the biggest change was the introduction of a new warehouse system makes handling supply lines in the game easier. There were also a bunch of bug fixes in the patch as well.
Railway Empire: The Great Lakes is available now on PC and Xbox One worldwide, and on PlayStation®4 in North America. The DLC expansion is priced at $7.99. You can find the basic features overview for the game down below.
- Exploit the economic opportunities of the United States in an extensive campaign, working your way step by step from coast to coast across this great continent.
- Lead your Railway Empire to success by establishing a comprehensive rail network and optimizing transportation of passengers and goods.
- Master challenges and objectives through a range of scenarios, or create your perfect railway network in construction mode without any financial pressure.
- Over 40 historically accurate locomotives and more than 30 different wagons can be acquired over the course of the game and must be put to use in the best way in order to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Invest in over 300 new technologies across five different eras to progress and maximize the potential of your rail network.
- Compete with up to three rival companies, and even sabotage their efforts with the use of bandits and spies
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.