Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker is almost here. The new expansion drops in a few days, adding two new job classes, a ton of new quests, and so much more. The two new jobs added in the expansion, Reaper and Sage, are hotly anticipated. Players are getting a rework of a ton of endgame content, and they’re excited to hunt for new gear. But before you get there, you need to know the basics.
If you’re brand new to the game, or coming back from a long break, check out the Hall of the Novice. The Hall of the Novice can be found in Western La Noscea at (x28,y24). This location will help acclimate you to new group-based combat through various challenges.
One of the cool things about this MMO is that there’s no need for alts. You can use the same character for all the different classes, even crafting. This is a great timesaver, and makes it far easier to get into the game knowing that you don’t have to specialize one character. And with each expansion, comes new jobs too, like the Reaper and Sage.
Unlocking new jobs in Final Fantasy XIV
When you unlock a new job in FF XIV, you need to complete milestones with it to unlock the full version. Each starting job has a basic class that you use until level 10. When you complete the job quest at level 10, you unlock the starter version of the main class. Each class then gets further upgrades and new abilities as you level up.
Each job also has trainers for each role. You’ll find the Archer, Lancer, and Conjurer trainers in Gridania. Marauder, Rogue, and Arcanist trainers are in Limsa Lominsa. The Gladiator, Pugilist, and Thaumaturge trainers are in Ul’dah. Here’s the breakdown of each job location for the guilds of each basic class.
- Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks: Arcanist, Rogue, Fisherman
- Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks: Marauder, Culinarian, Blacksmith, Armorer
- Ul’dah Steps of Nald: Pugilist, Thaumaturge
- Ul’dah Steps of Thal: Gladiator, Miner, Goldsmith, Weaver
- Hustings Strip: Alchemist
- New Gridania: Archer, Carpenter
- Old Gridania: Lancer, Conjurer, Botanist, Leatherworker
And here’s where you go to complete each job quest and unlock the full job.
- Paladin (Gladiator): Paladin’s Pledge – Lulustu, Ul’dah Steps of Thal (x:9.2, Y:11.7)
- Warrior (Marauder): Pride and Duty Will Take You from the Mountain – Wyronzoen, Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (x:11.2, Y:6.1)
- Ninja (Rogue): Peasants by Day, Ninjas by Nights – Jacke, Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (x:6.0, Y:6.1)
- Monk (Pugilist): Brother from Another Mother – Gagaruna, Ul’dah Steps of Nald (x:9.4, Y:10.2)
- Dragoon (Lancer): Eye of the Dragon – Ywain, Old Gridania (x:14.3, y:5.8)
- Bard (Archer): A Song of Bards and Bowmen – Luciane, New Gridania (x:15.4, y:11.9)
- Black Mage (Thaumaturge): Taking the Black – Yayake, Ul’dah Steps of Nald (x:7.3, Y:12.4)
- Summoner (Arcanist): Austerities of Flame – Thubyrgeim, Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (x:4.7, Y:11.4)
- Scholar (Arcanist): Forgotten but Not Gone – Murie, Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (x:4.5, Y:11.2)
- White Mage (Conjurer): Seer Folly – E-Sumi-Yan, Old Gridania (x:6.3, y:10.6)
- Dark Knight: Our End (Heavensward, level 30) – Ishgardian Citizen, The Pillars (x:13.2, y:8.8)
- Gunbreaker: The Makings of a Gunbreaker (Shadowbringers, level 60) – Gods’ Quiver Bow, Old Gridania (x:11.5, y:11.9)
- Samurai: The Way of the Samurai (Stormblood, level 50) – Ul’dahn Citizen, Ul’dah Steps of Nald (x:7.3, Y:12.4)
- Machinist: Savior of Skysteel (Heavensward, level 30) – Stephanivien, Foundation (x:8.1, y:10.1)
- Dancer: Shell We Dance (Shadowbringers, level 60) – Eager Lominsan, Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (x:9.8, Y:12.0)
- Red Mage: Taking the Red (Stormblood, level 50) – Distraught Lass, Ul’dah Steps of Thal (x:14.1, Y:11.7)
- Blue Mage: Out of the Blue (Heavensward, level 50) – Zealous Yellow Jacket, Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (x:9.9, Y:11.0)
- Astrologian: Stairway to Heavens (Heavensward, level 30) – Jannequinard, The Pillars (x:15.2, y:10.0)
How to change jobs in Final Fantasy XIV
You can then swap between each class and the gear sets you can use. That’s right, you can even save a gear set to use with a certain class. Final Fantasy XIV’s Armoury Menu allows for instant job changing by switching main hand weapons. When you want to change jobs in Final Fantasy XIV, this is what you do.
Open your Character menu, and the top-right icon is the one you want. First, select the Gear Set List icon (a page with a curled left corner) followed by Create a New Gear Set (a plus sign icon). Additionally, the Update Gear Set option (circular arrow) will overwrite an outdated set