To go along with the launch of Total War: Three Kingdoms, AMD has pushed out their patch for GPUs which offers improved performance in the new strategy game. These 19.5.2 drivers are a simple update, one which also fixes some bugs.
It’s a very simple update, focusing mostly on offering better performance and fixing a handful of bugs. The most important new addition is the inclusion of performance optimizations for Total War: Three Kingdoms. That game just released this week, and has been surprisingly popular. Total War: Three Kingdoms managed to get more than 160,000 concurrent Steam players in the first 24 hours of it’s launch, which is a franchise record. So that means there’s a lot of AMD users who need this patch.
In terms of other changes and fixes, the patch deals with some UI issues relating to temps not being correctly displayed as well as some overlays breaking. A handful of screen flicker issues with multiple displays have also been dealt with.
You can of course see the full patch notes down below. And if you want to download the update, do so on the AMD site.
Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.2 Release Notes
- Improved support for Total War: Three Kingdoms.
- AMD Radeon VII may experience screen flicker when multiple displays are connected on desktop or while applications are running.
- Radeon WattMan may list the incorrect max temperature for some graphics products.
- GPU Utilization in Radeon Performance Metrics Overlay may sometimes show on unsupported products.
- HDR Video may freeze or have corruption during playback when using Movies and TV Application with some Ryzen APUs.
- Radeon ReLive streaming and uploading of videos and other content to Facebook™ is currently unavailable.
- ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 may experience discrete GPU connection issues with devices disappearing from device manager when the system is idle.
- World War Z™ may experience an application hang after extended periods of play.
- Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.
- ACER Swift 3 with AMD Ryzen Processor may experience system instability when upgrading to Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.2 using the Custom Clean Installation option.