So Wreckfest, that highly detailed and addictive racing sim with soft-body physics and tons of smashing of cars, yeah you know it. It just launched on consoles today from THQ Nordic and developer Bugbear Entertainment. With this launch, comes a bevy of new content and some various other bits and bobs in a new patch.
With this update, there’s a heap of new content to smash together in a glorious festival of destruction. With a handful of new maps and vehicles, players will have plenty to take onto the track in the various smash-em-up game modes in Wreckfest. Most of these can be unlocked by playing through the career and a few other game modes, so get the pedal to the metal.
And speaking of game modes, the developers have shoveled in a few updates on that front as well. The team has patched in several new career events and challenges for all the new tracks and vehicles, letting gamers get a handle on all the new stuff.
And of course, this patch also introduces some non-gameplay changes and fixes too. For the console release, menu structures and layouts have been tweaked to reduce clutter. And in-game, visual effects have been improved as well. The PC version even got some love with general performance improvements and better loading times. By combining these changes with a bundle of bugfixes, Bugbear was even able to reduce the overhead for multiplayer servers, making the game cheaper to host.
Check out the full patch notes down below.
Four new tracks and one new derby arena:
- Clayridge Circuit
- Northfolk Ring (with 2 routes)
- Dirt Devil (Speedway)
- Dirt Devil (Derby Arena)
Five new vehicles:
- Venom (Career reward vehicle)
- Stretch Limousine
- Couch car
- Semi Truck
New Career events:
- Several new career events and challenges for all new tracks and vehicles
- Check each Championship for new events – for example the first championship (Regional Juniors) now has the couch Car challenge to unlock this vehicle
- New paint jobs for most vehicles
- Matchmaking now features quick match for event types
- Server browser UI improved
- Server lobby UI overhauled
- Garage usability improved for car and upgrade selections
- New daytimes for many tracks
- Career menu visually improved
- Multiplayer: Bots now get auto-kicked also during races, if a human player takes their slot
- New loading screens for every map
- Overall game performance increased especially for older PCs
- Multiplayer better optimized for poor connections and PCs
- Drastically reduced loading times for all maps
- Server side: hardware and bandwidth demands reduced
- Various smaller bugfixes