Spyro Reignited Trilogy adds cutscene subtitles
With the most recent update to the game, Spyro Reignited Trilogy has made some gains in the accessibility area, that’s because the game now finally has subtitles built-in. Players have been asking for this feature since the game launched. And frankly, it’s absurd that the games industry somehow hasn’t established a standard for these basic accessibility options at this point.
Gamers can toggle on the option via the main menus, with options for multiple languages across all three games in the collection. The patch also introduced head markers on said subtitles that clarify who is actually speaking at that moment. This is all really good and cool. But that’s not all Acitvision bundled together in this release.
For those who don’t like motion blur, you can now toggle the effect on or off entirely via game options with the launch of this update.
This newest patch is patch 1.02 on Xbox One and 1.03 on PlayStation 4, and it brings some both minor and major changes to this draconic adventure.
If you want to learn more about this newest patch, check out the full patch notes for the game down below:
- Added subtitles in all languages (across all three games) for previously unsupported cinematics, including:
- Character headers to identify active speakers
- Succinct line splits for readability
- Colored text for improved character association in most languages
- Subtitle on/off toggle added under the Options menu
- Added an option to toggle motion blur on/off under the Options → Camera menu
- Fixed progression and completion bugs impacting Wizard Peak, Hurricos, Fracture Fills, Lost Fleet, Fireworks Factory, and Charmed Ridge
- Fixed camera bugs in Sgt. Byrd’s Base and Dino Mines
- Stability improvement fix in Spider Town
- Additional misc. bug-fixes and improvements impacting Glimmer and Ripto’s Arena
Spyro Reignited Trilogy is available now for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Source: Activision Support
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.