Gaming VideosGeneral Gaming NewsMMORPGs

The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor announced

The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor

After the disappointment that is recent Elder Scrolls efforts, Bethesda needed a win. With The Elder Scrolls: Blades Switch port delayed to 2020, and the company essentially sunsetting Elder Scrolls: Legends, there wasn’t a lot of hope for the iconic RPG franchise going into 2020. The newest The Elder Scrolls Online chapter is that win. Called The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor, it will introduce some dark and gritty new story elements, new playable zones and so much more.

Story-based chapters have been a pretty big fixture of ESO for some time now. The previous DLC’s all had their own self-contained plots, but would often feed into the next release. That way, players could move from one module to the next and get the feeling of an epic and connected narrative. The next patch ahead of The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor will be Harrowstorm—coming out in March—within it players will explore a strange new weather phenomenon plaguing the land. This will lead right into the Greymoor chapter.

In terms of scale, The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor will introduce a huge new playable area. Previous expansions have brought out plenty of otherwise unexplored or untapped lands into ESO, and Greymoor is no different. This new area contains a dark and mysterious influence that seems to be drawing hordes of vampires and werebeasts to the locale. It’s up to the players to figure out what the heck is going on down there.

A more upbeat bit of news reveals that Markarth, Rorikstead, Morthal, Dragon Bridge, and Solitude will be added to the online game as new areas, tying a nice little knot between various other games in the franchise.

READ MORE  How to speed up Servant Hunts in V Rising

“It’s really exciting for us because we get to go to that kind of nostalgia that players will know and expect out of going to western Skyrim, but also give them something new,” said creative director at ZeniMax Online Studios, Rich Lambert. “About 60 per cent of the playable land mass is western Skyrim and then the remaining 40 per cent is down in Blackreach.”

And because it’s a new major expansion, of course there are pre-order bonuses. Those who pre-order The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor will get Jarl Finery costume, Jarl Crown adornment, Sacrificial Pocket Mammoth pet, Treasure Maps, a Nightfall Preview Crown Crate, Experience Scrolls, and the Holdbreaker Warhorse mount.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor will launch for PC on May 18 and PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on June 2. Watch the cinematic announcement trailer below.

The products below are affiliate links, we get a commission for any purchases made. If you want to help support ISKMogul at no additional cost, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts

10971 posts

About author
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.