V Rising is the hit new game this week. Many players are likening it to other crafting-focused open-world games, like Valheim. But really, it’s so much more than just that kind of game, but with fangs. The crafting is a huge part of it still, and it’s tons of fun. And as with any self-respecting survival game, you’ll need to do a lot of farming for crafting materials so you can build up your base and keep it from decaying.
You will also need to put some time into building an army of followers. There’s a lot of crafting in the game, and the developers are putting a lot of effort into improving that aspect. V Rising also has a bunch of different systems at play. You can unlock fast travel using the Vampire Waygate, for example. That building needs Gem stones and dust, and we have a guide for that. As you grow your dark fortress, you will also need followers to go out and do missions for you. To get started though, you need a Servants Coffin.
How to make Servant Coffin
This tool is an addon in your base that offers the ability to actually recruit Servants in V Rising. It’s meant to be a mid-game item, so you will have to build this at some point. Here’s what you need to do to unlock the feature. Constructing a Servant Coffin will cost 16 Planks, 8 Copper Ingots, and one Greater Blood Essence. Greater Blood Essence is obtained by refining four Unsullied Hearts to one Greater Blood Essence at a Blood Press.
How to get Servants in V Rising
You have various abilities as a vampire, and you can put them to use in very creative ways. Vamps who want to get their hands on a recruited follower will have to engage them in combat first. Once that’s done, you need to use a certain series of steps to actually recruit them. Follow the steps below to gain Servants in V Rising.
- Locate a Human enemy and get their health to 30% or less.
- Press Ctrl and select Dominating Presence.
- Press R to trigger the ability on the weakened enemy.
- You will need to take the new servant back to your base, and then interact with the Servant Coffin.
- Click on Convert and wait for the process to complete.
On you do this, there’s a short delay that you have to wait out. The quality of the follower when you recruit them will affect how long the timer is. Once the timer expires, you can then put them to use.
What do Servants do?
To understand how you can use them, you need to understand what their potential is. Once a human has been converted and equipped, you can sit upon your throne and command them. When you do this, you will bring up a map that can show you what tasks exist out in the game world. Be sure to choose a quest that fits with the follower you wish to use. You wouldn’t want to send someone too weak for a key item you’re after, as they will fail too many times.
- Blood Type: A Servant’s perks are determined by two factors, one of which is their Blood Type. This perk will decrease the difficulty of certain hunts, increasing the likelihood of success.
- Faction: Servants also receive a perk based on their faction. The faction the follower is based in will affect the loot they bring back from missions.
- Blood Quality: A Servant’s blood quality will determine their base stats, and the higher the base quality, the better their growth.
- Gear: The gear added to a recruited follower will improve their power level and gear score. This will make them better in combat.
Learning how to outfit Servants in V Rising is key, as the more powerful they are, you must send them out into the world. The better their stats, the more powerful the rewards they earn from missions. You will have to wait out the delay of the mission you choose, and then hope that the RNG lands on your side. Now get out there and see what you can do!