Fortnite challenges can get pretty weird. Each week, Epic wants players to hunt down bizarre locations and special hidden items all over the map,, mostly for XP and other rewards. The new challenges for this week continue this trend. One of them seems a bit harder than the others. You need to be on the lookout for a Malfunctioning Vending Machine in Fortnite. If you’re currently struggling with finding a Malfunctioning Vending Machine in Fortnite, this guide can help.
How to find a Malfunctioning Vending Machine in Fortnite
Unfortunately, though, not all of the vending machines located around the map are malfunctioning, which means you need to spend some time checking a few locations. Unlike Weapon-O-Matics and Mending Machines, Malfunctioning Vending Machines do not have set locations. You will have to search for them manually.
You can usually find them at every POI in the game, either as Mending Machines or as Weapon-O-Matics. Sleepy Sound, Coney Crossroads and the Daily Bugle all have machines. And you can land at one of these locations and check all three relatively easily. This makes finishing this challenge much easier.
You can walk up to the malfunctioning vending machine and interact with them to get your item. Like many other machines and trades in the game, you need Gold Bars to use this thing. To purchase an item, you will need to spend 100 Gold Bars. You will then get a completely random item. This will complete the challenge for this week, as it doesn’t matter what rarity of item you get.
Chapter 3 Season 1 Week 6 quests and challenges
- Travel 100 meters while flying inside a tornado (0/100)
- Damage an opponent within 30 seconds of crouching in Stealth Grass (0/1)
- Purchase a random item from a malfunctioning vending machine (0/1)
- Destroy Timer Pine stumps (0/3)
- Recover health by resting in a tent (0/30)
- Mark an enemy player using a Flare Gun (0/1)
- Honk a car horn within 10 meters of an opponent (0/1)
- Damage opponents with a Pistol (0/700)
- Deal headshot damage to opponents (0/250)