How to download 2021 rosters in Madden 20
Rosters change all the time in professional sports. Every year teams trade players or cut folks, and things change for injuries and other problems. And with the incoming class of rookie players, sports rosters need to be shuffled around from year-to-year. And with that said, a lot of players want to get their hands on updated 2021 rosters in Madden 20.
But since Electronic Arts doesn’t update the rosters each year, it comes down to the community to do it for them. It’s a good cost-saving measure, but it is kind of annoying for fans. This also adds some restrictions. The community downloads system is unique to consoles, so PC users are out of luck if they want to download 2021 rosters in Madden 20. Also, custom rosters can only be used in Exhibition and Franchise modes.
So if that doesn’t matter to you, boot up your copy and get the new rosters. Here are the steps required to download updated 2021 rosters in Madden 20:
- Click the ‘customize’ option on the main menu.
- Scroll down to ‘share and manage files.’ From there, go to ‘download community files.’
- Press Triangle or Y, depending on your console, and click on ‘search for online ID.’
- This is where PS4 and Xbox One owners will take different paths.
- For PS4 users, search the ID: MFMatix. From there, download the roster titled, “Madden 21.”
- For Xbox One users, search the ID: xAPATHYx13, and download the roster named, “Updated20.”
- Go back to the ‘share and manage files’ menu and click on ‘load files.’
- Find the roster file that you have download and load it. You should be all set from there.
So the story of Madden 20 has been a bumpy road. The online bugs have been a huge problem for many users, and it has all become a very big headache. With all the criticism being heaped on EA for the monetization policies for the franchise, there’s been a lot of mess going around. And it looks like those connectivity issues apply when playing online, meaning that you may have to jump through some repetitious hoops to update to 2021 rosters in Madden 20.
With that said, it will be great for purists if they want to use modern rosters in online gaming. There is the annoyance of having to manually select the updated rosters each time, but it’s not too much of a hassle. Also, without the physical scans of the players, there will be some very noticeable differences between the player models and the real-world players.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.