Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor – Martyr 2.0 increases level cap, offers better crafting, and much more
Neocore games has just deployed the massive 2.0 patch for Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor – Martyr. Alongside a complete overhaul of combat and gear, the game has been massively retooled.
Update 2.0 is a free patch, bringing with it plenty of reworks and changes to the action RPG, aimed at addressing player feedback and making the complex systems of the game easier to understand for new players, It’s a pretty big series of changes, so let’s dive in.
Along with the new level cap of 100, players will experience a wide array of combat changes and other tweaks to the game. Skill cooldowns and other restrictions have been lifted or scaled back, drastically speeding up combat for everyone. Power rating has been removed from the game completely and replaced with a more useful item level system. The item system has also been streamlined further by the addition of new Tiers of Rarity with more easily understood mod pools. Relic items have been vastly expanded. More than 200 Relic enchants have been added to the game. All this is just the start though.
Check out some of the changes to the combat system of Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor – Martyr in the preview video down below.
In terms of existing game modes, all the various previously singleplayer game modes have been given cooperative functionality, allowing 2-4 players to tackle them together.
Here are the key features of Patch 2.0:
- Faster, smoother gameplay experience for all three playable classes
- Progression system rebuilt from scratch
- Level cap increased from 80 to 100
- Story Campaign, Seasons 1 & 2 are now playable in online co-op (2-4 players)
- Expanded and revised loot system (new item tier, new item types, new enchants)
- Expanded and revised crafting
- New end-game modes
- Other quality of life improvements
- And many more – check out our detailed 2.0 Compendium highlighting all the new features.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.