The new GPU drivers for Cyberpunk 2077 have been released as we’re mere hours from the launch of the game. The new drivers will help with performance on both Minecraft RTX and Cyberpunk. The NVIDIA GeForce 460.79 WHQL driver also includes a variety of fixes for specific issues. So if you’re encountering issues with the new 3090, try this patch out to see if it fixes your issue.
It also adds DLSS support for other games, including Minecraft, Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord, Scavengers, and more. There’s a nice bit of visual quality to be had there, so try it out. So if you’re on a new PC and looking to get the best version of the new games on it, download this patch ASAP. This driver also adds two new features. These are Background Application Max Frame Rate Control and Color Accuracy Mode.
You can download the NVIDIA GeForce 460.79 WHQL driver from here.
And for the sake of completeness, check out some of our Cyberpunk 2077 guides while you’re here. You still have a few hours to pre-load the game, so why not spend that time reading up on what’s coming.
NVIDIA GeForce 460.79 WHQL Driver Patch Notes
Game Ready Driver
This new Game Ready Driver provides the ultimate gaming experience for Cyberpunk 2077. In addition, this driver provides optimal day-1 support for the official launch of Minecraft with RTX for Windows 10.
New Features and Other Changes
NVIDIA Control Panel
- Added Background Application Max Frame Rate control (Manage 3D Settings page)
- Added Color Accuracy Mode feature (Display > Adjust Desktop Color Settings page)
- [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks.
- When setting the refresh rate higher than 100Hz, the color format switches from RGB to ycbcr422.
- [GeForce RTX 3090][SLI][G-SYNC]: When G-SYNC is enabled in SLI surround (3x monitors), the system locks up when launching a game.
- [GeForce RTX 3-series]: NvAPI_GPU_GetGPUInfo() returns an incorrect number of GPU Tensor Cores.
- [MPC-HC]: The video player crashes when playing 1088 pixel-width videos.
- [5k display]: When the display is set to 5k resolution, you cannot set the color settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel > Change resolution page. Either the controls are greyed out or they
revert to the default after applying any change.