In Fortnite Chapter 3 Week 5, you’re going to be doing a bit more exploring of the map this week. You need to complete various tasks to earn Battle Pass rewards and XP. There are some strange ones this week. For one of them, you need to hunt around the map for a certain kind of tree, and then fell it. You need to knock down Timber Pines in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 five times for this challenge.
How to knock down Timber Pines in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1
Week 5 has some pretty bizarre challenges. This time, we’re going tree-cutting. Yes, really, we’re channeling our inner lumberjack and cutting some wood. There are trees all over, but we’re after a certain kind. The snow-covered Timber Pines are our target. Logjam Lumberyard is the best place to go and find these. Look around for the conical-shaped trees that are very tall, and have light tan bark. These are the trees you need to cut down.
You knock a Timber Pine down in the same way you’d destroy any other standing object. You can just run over and smack it with your harvesting tool until it falls over. Doing it this way, you will get this challenge done in no time. You need to cut down five trees to get this challenge done.
Once you hit the tree and it falls over, hit the fallen log that spawns, this will give you plenty of wood. This whole process is actually a great way to get a large quantity of wood for your other building.
Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 Week 5 Challenges
Then, after you’ve done cutting down trees, you can move around the map and explore, or try to win the game. The rest of the Week 5 challenges can be done during these matches as well. The tasks can be found below.
- Build structures at Creamy Crossroads, Sleepy Sound, and Condo Canyon (0/3)
- Claim an abandoned tent (0/1)
- Drive a vehicle through water (0/1)
- Knock down Timber Pines (0/5)
- Gain shields using a Shield Sprinkler (0/100)
- Teleport using Rift Generators at different Seven Outposts (0/3)
- Destroy structures with Motorboat MIssiles (0/15)
- Damage opponents with an SMG (0/1000)
- Purchase items from vending machines (0/3)