The first patch for Mortal Kombat 11 is out, and it’s looking to help address the issues gamers are complaining about with the new fighting game. The roughly 300 MB patch will focus almost entirely on fixing a bunch of different crashes and other stability issues. Multiple platforms including PC and consoles will be getting this update, making the game more stable. For one thing various problems with menu navigation and various UI elements, as well a few Windows-specific issues, are being dealt with during this patch cycle.
Gameplay aspects are getting tweaked as well, with various game modes and in-game effects are being worked on. In addition to the next patch changing a bunch of different in-game progression, this one will lay down the groundwork of making progression easier in some modes. These patches will reduce AI difficulty and will increase Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time, will reduce AI difficulty in some modes too.
Mortal Kombat 11 PC Patch Notes #1
- Initial set of tuning changes to reduce difficulty in Towers of Time with more tuning changes coming soon.
- Fixed an issue where the game wouldn’t load due to specific hardware configurations.
- Fixed an issue where the game wouldn’t load due to specific non-English characters in the Windows account username.
- Updated Character moveset values, including frames, damage, etc.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while navigating the Kustomize menu for a prolonged period.
- Fixed several crashes related to navigating the UI in the Towers of Time and Klassic Towers
- Fixed a crash that occurred when pausing the game multiple times with the keyboard in a 1v1 Online Match.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when navigating the Pause menu with the mouse during an online match.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when opening the EULA right after completing the benchmark and disregarding a display change.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when leaving the Local Fight Character Select.
- Fixed an issue in the Krypt where a player wouldn’t be rewarded the Ensorcelled Eye of the Dragon by killing spiders in Goro’s Lair.
- Fixed an issue in the Krypt where using a DualShock 4 controller could result in the character continuing to move after releasing the left analog stick.
- Fixed several graphical issues (like a ghosting effect on some parts of characters) when using temporal anti-aliasing.
- Fixed an issue with accessing NVIDIA Highlights in after an Online Match.
- Fixed several instances in Arabic where an Arabic character was not displaying correctly.
- Fixed several instances in Arabic where the button prompts were not displaying correctly.