We’re into Week 8 of Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6, and we have new quests to take on once again. Epic has seen fit to reuse old ideas too, making things easier for those who have been playing a while. You may remember having to light stuff on fire in a previous week, well we’re back there again. Unlike the last challenge involving fire, you need to do a bit more than just setting things ablaze. This time, you actually need to let the fire consume a structure and burn it down. Here’s what to do when you want to destroy structures with fire in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 Week 8.
How to destroy structures with fire in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 Week 8
The options for burning things down are the same as the ones for lighting them on fire.
Firefly Jars are the easiest way to get this done. Anywhere you see a campfire out in the world, you can run over and interact with the nearby swarms. Doing so will give you a jar that can be thrown at a building or player. To tick up the counter for this Legendary Quest, gather a bunch and start tossing them around throughout your various matches.
The Flame Primal Bow is one option. Shooting a structure with this fire weapon can set it alight. You need to craft a Primal bow into the Flame Primal variant. The Primal Flame Bow can be made by crafting a Primal Bow and combining it with either a gas canister or Firefly jar. So go grab those first to make this challenge easier. If you cannot find a Primal Bow, you can make one by using a Makeshift Bow from various animal parts like boars and chickens.
There are some reports that the counter might be buggy. And despite how many things you burn, it might not increase. There’s not much to do about the bug so far, so just hope you get lucky and it doesn’t happen.
You can find the rest of the Chapter 2 Season 6 Week 8 challenges below:
- Collect research books from Holly Hedges and Pleasant Park (0/1) – 24,000 XP
- Use launcher from Guardian Towers (0/3) – 24,000 XP
- Open chests at the Spire or Guardians Tower (0/2) – 24,000 XP
- Damage opponents within 10 seconds of landing (0/1) – 24,000 XP
- Dance in Durr Burger Kitchen (0/1) – 24,000 XP
- Use Firefly Jar at the Pizza Pit (0/1) – 24,000 XP
- Drive from Durr Burger to Pizza Pit without exciting a vehicle (0/1) – 24,000 XP
- Legendary quest – destroy structures with fire (100, 200, 300, 400, 500) – 35,000XP to 24,500 XP