Cities: Skylines has been on PS4 and Xbox One for over a year now, and as one would expect, the continuously released DLC content for the PC version has taken its sweet time getting into the hands of console players.
But on May 15, another piece of DLC is finally making the jump to consoles. The Natural Disasters DLC is on its way to PS4 and Xbox One. And it brings with it all the destructive bells and whistles PC players are used to by now.
The various disasters from floods and tornadoes to forest fires and meteor strikes are headed for your cities. But don’t freak out just yet, along with these calamities there’s a whole rescue boat filled with early warning and defensive systems to minimize the impact of said disasters. Players can setup weather detection systems, alarms and emergency shelters to protect their citizens in a pinch too. And just in case you weren’t ready in time, there are several new policies and unlockables to help manage the monumental cleanup effort.
Natural Disasters also brings a series of new pre-made challenge scenarios for players to tackle.
Check out the console announcement trailer below.
Natural Disasters includes the following features:
- Deep, Impactful Gameplay: Meteor strikes, forest fires, tsunamis, earthquakes, and more will destroy districts and devastate estates
- With Great Power Comes Great Response Abilities: Plan for, and respond to, disasters using early warning systems, countermeasures, and new disaster responses such as helicopters and evacuations
- This is Not a Test (but it is just a game): New radio systems put the station in devastation with disaster warnings and three free radio stations
- An Objectively Good Feature: A series of pre-made scenarios challenge players with various objectives and conditions
- Chirpocalypse Now: Sweet new hats for Chirper, man
The next piece of DLC is the Parklife pack headed to PC a short while after Natural Disasters lands on consoles on May 25.