The Lair challenges continue a storyline involving some very angry Gnomes. It turns out that an assassination attempt is being carried out against a notable Gnome, and you need to help them out. The plot is uncovered on an episode of GNOM Talk, and the new Lair secret Gnome challenge in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4 begins from there.
The challenge has a few stages, as you rush around the map finding secrets and disabling traps. The first thing you need to do is find the hidden Gnome that’s part of the quest.
You can find him hiding under a wooden staircase in Sweaty Sands, talking to another Gnome. Look on the beach in that POI to the left of the dock. Give the GNOM Talk guest a hit with your harvesting tool, he will disappear, and you will get 20,000 XP. The next step is the lair.
Where to Find the Lair secret Gnome
To find the Lair, head to the old Shadow base to the east of Weeping Woods, marked on the map below by the white chevron with the red box around it. There will be a door under the Shadow icon, head there. Once through there head down the corridor to the left, into the first door on your left. There should be a path downstairs here. Go down the stairs and enter the vent on your right to complete the Lair secret Gnome challenge and earn 20,000 XP.
Check out the map below to find out where to start this next step. Once that’s done and you found the Gnome, you need to move on to finding the Traps.
Finding the Challenge Traps in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4
You will need to find and disarm the traps by interacting with them. Look below for images showing roughly where to look for each one, and what they look like.
Once you’ve done that, you can move on to the next challenges. There’s a whole slew of them this week. You can find the rest of the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4 Week 5 challenges below:
- Search chests at Doom’s Domain (0/7) – 25,000 XP
- Get eliminations at Dirty Docks (0/3) -25,000 XP
- Drive a car from Slurpy Swamp to Catty corner in less than four minutes without getting out (0/1) – 25,000 XP
- Collect Floating Rings at Coral Castle (0/1) – 25,000 XP
- In a vehicle, jump through the flaming ring at Salty Springs (0/1) – 25,000 XP
- Make a Stark Robot dance (0/1) – 25,000 XP
- Destroy Gorgers (0/1) – 50,000 XP
- Deal damage to opponents at The Authority (0/500) – 25,000 XP