SWTOR Lists 5.3 Class Balance Changes
Bioware have released a forum thread with a few basic details for the upcoming 5.3 patch to SWTOR. The various class and crew skill changes that have been discussed in the 2017 dev roadmap and other areas are being recapped in the discussion thread. Feel free to head over there and throw your voice into the pile. Players should keep and eye on it for more clarifications and details in the near future. The first class balance passes will focus on Hatred/Serenity builds.
You can find the full content of the forum post below, or read the full thread here.
As Keith mentioned in the roadmap, we want to start the process of having weekly discussion threads here on the forums. Let’s get this started with our first topic, Class changes starting with Game Update 5.3. Let us know what you think of the list! Are these the Disciplines you expected to see? Are any missing and if so which ones and why?
The following is each Class/Discipline we are currently looking into changing. By Friday, we will begin posting in-depth threads on exactly what is happening to each Discipline. This will include whether they are being buffed or nerfed and why, along with the specific planned changes. These threads will get posted over a few weeks. Here is the current summer list:
- Sorc and Sage
- PT and Vanguard
- Assassin and Shadow
- Sniper and Gunslinger
- Virulence/Dirty Fighting
- Merc and Commando
- Innovative Ordnance/Assault Specialist
You will obviously have a number of questions, but here’s a few that may be on your mind:
Why are these Disciplines being looked at for changes?
Between data and player feedback, these are the Disciplines that appear to be most in need of change. Whether that is that they are too good, or not good enough, these Disciplines need attention first.
What about the missing Classes/Disciplines?
If a Class or Discipline is missing from this list it doesn’t mean they won’t be receiving changes at all, it is just that they are not receiving changes in the near future. In most cases this means that those Classes and/or Disciplines are in an ok place. It doesn’t mean they don’t need changes (both buff and nerf) but that other Disciplines need them sooner.
When will we receive a detailed breakdown of the changes?
I will be working with the team on getting the exact changes out to you as soon as they are ready. Based on what I know today, we will start posting those threads (which will be posted by Discipline) this week and throughout June.
With that in mind, here are the exact changes currently planned for 5.3 in July (subject to change, of course):
- Increased Deathmark’s periodic damage boost from 10% to 15%
- Increased Fulguration’s damage bonus for Creeping Terror from 10% to 15%
- Fulguration restores 3 Force (down from 5) when Lightning Charge deals damage
- Increased Inevitable Demise’s low health damage bonus from 15% to 30%
- In addition to its previous effects, Leeching Hunger now restores 4 Force for each of your damaging periodic effects on a target damaged by your Leeching Strike
- Clarified the tooltip for Crackling Charge
- Increased Force Suppression’s periodic damage boost from 10% to 15%
- Increased Rebounding Force’s damage bonus for Sever Force from 10% to 15%
- Rebounding Force restores 3 Force (down from 5) when Force Technique deals damage
- Increased Aching Mind’s low health damage bonus from 15% to 30%
- In addition to its previous effects, Serene Poise now restores 4 Force for each of your damaging periodic effects on a target damaged by your Serenity Strike
- Clarified the tooltip for Force Focus
Please let us know what you think of these changes! Post your thoughts below.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.