Animal Crossing: New Horizons 1.4.2 has been released, and the small patch for the Switch game will bring in some needed fixes and new features to the game. No new content this time around though, so the next seasonal event will probably drop in 1.5.
This patch is mostly a bug fix patch, as it brings in some fixes for previous versions that uncovered various bugs. Some networking bugs have been addressed. Certain item glitches have also been patched in Animal Crossing: New Horizons 1.4.2. Some problems with rendering item effects on certain in-game elements have been dealt with too.
Check out the Animal Crossing: New Horizons 1.4.2 patch notes down below.
The following issues have been addressed:
- From Ver. 1.4.1:
- Fixed issue where the “sumo ring” would not display properly.
- From Ver. 1.4.0:
- Fixed issue where the game would shut down under certain conditions when dreaming.
- Fixed issue where shining soil would improperly appear behind buildings and other places.
- Fixed issue where specific message cards sent from animal residents the player is close friends with would not arrive in the player’s mailbox as intended.
- From Ver. 1.3.0:
- Changed the MTU when playing with others from 1364 to 1240 in order to investigate an issue where players cannot play with others in certain network environments.