The Kosatka is a new submarine that’s been added to GTA Online as part of the big new Heist expansion. The sub is massive and is basically a floating fortress with plenty of war capability, provided you have the right upgrades. Here’s how to buy the new submarine in Cary Perido Heists and what you can do with it. Here’s everything you need to know about the Submarine in GTA Online Cayo Perico Heist update.
How To Get To Your Submarine In Cayo Perico Heist In GTA Online
You need to buy a submarine for the new Cayo Perico Heist. And yes this is going to get expensive. This mobile base is armed to the teeth and has plenty of little details that make it a decent investment. The sub has a bunch of upgrades that can be added, but we’ll get to those in a second. The base variant cost $2,200,000 in GTA cash. You will have the option to buy it after completing the intro mission where you meet Miguel Midrazo in The Music Locker.
Once you have completed the first mission, the stock for Warstock website on the in-game browser will update. You can then buy the sub and upgrades from here. Within the sub, you can browse the web, sleep in the crew quarters, and of course you can drive it around the map, acting like you’re a sub captain. A more upgraded version of the submarine in the heist can even be augmented with a missile system.
Once you have purchased the submarine, you can then use the Services menu in-game to request it. The submarine will spawn in any nearby large body of water. You can also summon a dingy via this menu to make it so you don’t have to swim around to the sub itself. You can then go out to the sub, as it’s marked on your map, and use the hatch on top to get inside.
All Submarine Upgrades
- Color – $75,000
- Fast Travel – $10,000 – Use this to move your sub around the map quicker than driving it there.
- Sonar Station – $1,200,00: Use this to hunt for hidden treasure and track other subs around you.
- Guided Missiles – $1,900,000: Adds guided missiles to the submarine that can be controlled from the Bridge. Fire them to take out land targets.
- Weapon Workshop – $350,000: Allows you to customize your weapons and purchase new guns while in the sub.
- Moon Pool Vehicles – $3,360,000: Adds two vehicles to the submarine. The Sparrow and the Avista submarine can be used for extra diving opportunities and stealth attacks.