BloodRayne and its sequel BloodRayne 2 are getting a full remaster. If you don’t know it has been announced that both games are getting brought into the modern era. The ports of the 2005 classics will be handled by developer Terminal Reality, who is putting every ounce of blood into this meatsack. The publisher Ziggurat Interactive has announced that the games are both due out later this month.
The new versions of the game will be optimized for Windows 10, opting for much smoother gameplay. Each version will feature upscaled graphics and improved effects too. Both games will be optimized to run at modern resolutions, all the way up to 4K if you so wish. Controller support will also be a thing if that’s your speed.
The BloodRayne games put the player into the shoes of the seductive and deadly Rayne, a vampire tasked with hunting all manner of evil and dastardly things. In the later game, she also gets up to hunting Nazis and other more human forms of evil. She’s also hunting various mythical beasts too. The player gets to put various vampiric powers to the test in combat that’s very much out of the early oughts. If you’re a fan of these games, the remasters are good news for you.
Here’s a full list of the enhancements:
- Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160)
- Improved rendering with up to 4x anti-aliasing
- Upscaled cinematic videos
- Support for modern gamepads (XInput controller support)
- Improvements to lighting at engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures
- Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows
BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut are set to come out on PC via Steam and GOG on November 29. If you already own the games on either platform, there will be an option to upgrade to the new versions for free if you wish.