Mortal Kombat 11 PC Patch 4 removes 30 FPS lock
The long-awaited patch which removes the 30 FPS lock on Fatalities and other game scenes in Mortal Kombat 11 is finally here. Before this patch many areas of the game were locked to 30 FPS for the sake of console performance. The menus, Intros/Victories, Krushing Blows, Fatal Blows and Fatalities, as well as The Krypt all had this lock. For some reason though, the PC version also had this lock in place, making the visual experience kind of jarring for some players.
This all means that PC fans will no longer need to rely on mods to deal with removing this lock, so that’s nice.
The other major fixes are for some crash issues as well as problems with GPU drivers and other random crashes. The patch also brings various localization updates to the game. Some users also reported dropped inputs and other issues relating to control support, those should be gone now as of this update.
Check out the patch notes for the update down below.
Mortal Kombat 11 PC Patch 4 Release Notes
- 60 FPS mode – In PC Features, we have introduced the option to turn on 60 FPS in Menus and during Cinematics (Intros/Victories, Krushing Blows, Fatal Blows, etc) and in Krypt separately. We have set this default to ON for Menus however you have to switch the option to ON for the Krypt, as is only recommended on high end configurations.
- Missing reflections – We have introduced the option to turn on/off reflections.
- Crash fixes for users who have crash on launch issues. We are working on other similar issues, so we will keep updating the game with fixes for users who report their crashes to us.
– issues caused by outdated Radeon drivers should no longer occur
– game crashing on launch/during gameplay cause by drivers for unusual controllers, should no longer occur
– game not launching, issue cause by a fault library file, should no longer occur
- Players frequent disconnects –adjustment that should resolve the issue of frequent disconnects for some users
- Fix to Frost Whirring Drill graphical glitch when TAA is disabled
- Localization updates
- Minor fixes for mouse and controller inputs
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.