Fortnite 9.30 Content Update 3 patch released
The newest patch for the monster of the battle royale genre that is Fortnite is live, and gamers are already digging in to uncover all of the new weapons, locations and other goodies this update added. And as is par for the course, there’ a fair few things changes as well. Gamers across the globe are about to get their boom on with the headline new weapon, a portable engine of destruction.
Epic has introduced another new weapon into the gargantuan arsenal in their battle royale shooter. Say hello to the new Air Strike, which players can call in at any time to rain destruction down upon their foes. See it in action in the preview video below.
To go along with this, other cool additions include the De-Atomizer 9000 in Save the World, among other new modes and items. There’s a bunch of new stuff for Creative Mode and some new enemy variants in the mode as well, like some new Car Gallery cosmetics to pimp your ride with. (Xzibit not included)
And of course, LTMs are rotating too, as we all knew they would. Here’s the full rundown of new and returning game modes with this patch:
- High Explosives Squads
- Battle Royale with Explosive weapons only! ‘Splode all of the enemies back to the lobby to earn the Victory Royale!
- Sneaky Silencers Solo
- Nighttime fighting with silenced weapons.
- Classic Squads
- Classic Battle Royale with only weapons and items from Seasons one and two.
- Solid Gold Duos
- Fight to the finish using Legendary weapons!
- Catch Squads
- In this mode, all guns have been removed. The only weapons are grenades and other items that can be thrown or tossed.
- Blitz Squads
- Drop into this fast-paced Limited Time Mode! You’d better keep moving because the Storm never does.
Other game mode adjustments have been made as well. From now on in the mobile and Nintendo Switch versions of the game, the amount of eliminations required for a victory in Team Rumble has been lowered from 150 to 50.
Check out the full patch notes over on the Epic Games website, for the full rundown on all of the new content and changes in Fortnite.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.