As part of the second Chapter of post-launch content for Battlefield 5, DICE and EA just dropped the patch notes for their upcoming patch for the game tomorrow. This update focuses entirely on bug fixes and performance improvements though, so don’t expect a bunch of new content or game mode changes. There’s a few balance tweaks buried in there too.
A handful of crash fixes and rendering bugs have been fixed first and foremost. There’s also some flickering issues that have been fixed with this update. Some other control issues, mostly relating to not being able to use controller pads with certain maps and modes, have been addressed with this patch.
Furthermore, this patch comes with some PC-specific tweaks and fixes. For instance, it will fix a crash that could happen when players changed the resolution multiple times in a row while DLSS is turned on. Performance issues with DirectX 11 and DLSS have been bypassed, by dropping DLSS support for the plugin temporarily. A recent patch introduced the DLSS support, and it’s been a long wait to bring the deep-learning based code to new games at all.
Battlefield 5 is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Battlefield 5 March 5 Patch Release Notes
- Fixed the inconsistency between the length of the visual effect of the Churchill Crocodile tank’s flamethrower when viewing it in third person versus first person.
Weapons, Gadgets, and Specializations
- Fixed the M1907 SF Recoil Buffer Specialization which was previously not working.
- The ZK-383 and Selbstlader 1916 no longer have the wrong zoom level with some sights when using the Fast ADS movement Specialization.
- Tweaked shotgun balance. We found that shotguns were underperforming compared to close-range SMGs. The changes to damage drop-off and pellet damage listed below make shotguns perform more consistently in close quarters and give them a slightly longer optimal range.
– Increased damage drop-off start distance for buckshot and slug ammo by 1 m.
– 12g Automatic and M1897: Increased buckshot maximum pellet damage from 5 to 7.2.
– M30 Drilling: Increased buckshot maximum pellet damage from 5 to 6.3.
Maps and Modes
- Practice Range: Fixed a bug where players would get stuck when using the “Redeploy” or “Restart Practice Range” function.
- Combined Arms: On Hot Pursuit, the correct number of soldiers needed to advance the objective are now spawned.
- War Stories: Players should no longer run into a freeze on The Last Tiger during the section Reach German Forward Base.
- Fixed the controller vibration function that wouldn’t properly work on some maps while playing Grand Operations.
- Fixed the flickering issue that could happen on the squad redeploy screen. All subtitles in the Combined Arms intro are now triggering correctly.
- Leveling from level 49 to level 50 now properly shows the correct level on the End of Round screen.
- Further fixes for the End of Round Company Coin counter. This should hopefully show the correct value for all players.
- Multiple crash fixes and stability improvements.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when players changed the resolution multiple times in a row while DLSS is enabled.
- DLSS has been disabled when using DX11 due to stability issues.