AMD has released a new batch of drivers for its modern GPUs. The AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.3 drivers support newer GPUs in the RX 5000-series lines and will offer bug fixes and better performance. Project CARS 3, Marvel’s Avengers, and Fortnite have also gotten better performance from this new version. The new driver improves performance in Fortnite DX12. With this driver, a Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU offers an average 12% better FPS performance on DX12/Epic settings.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, PES Football 20 and Mortal Shell have had bugs fixed of various kinds. Most of the fixes in this patch version will improve support with RX 5000 series cards. HDR on some FreeSync displays has also been reworked to fix some other problems not related to specific games. AMD even patched some problems with YouTube and media playback on Chrome and Edge browsers.
Vulkan API support has been expanded as well. Developers will now have access to a few more functions for their projects. The resource pipelines and image handling and renders will be a bit more streamlined now. There is also some increased support fro Google features to interact with the API.
You can view the full patch notes for the AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.3 version down below. You can download this new driver from here.
AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.3 Patch Notes
- Project CARS 3™
- Marvel’s Avengers™
- Using AMD’s latest driver Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.8.3, a Radeon™ RX 5700 XT GPU offers an average 12% better FPS performance in Fortnite™ (DX12) on the Epic setting, vs. the previous driver iteration, Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.8.1.RS-340
Added Vulkan® Support
- This extension adds more dynamic states. This allows applications to reduce the need to recompile and bind pipeline state objects.
- This extension allows applications to store application-defined data in a 64-bit private data slot.
- This extension adds stricter requirements such that drivers return default RGBA values instead of undefined values for out-of-bounds reads. The number of components returned depends on the number of components present in the selected format.
- This extension indicates the driver’s support for shader modules using the SPV_GOOGLE_user_type SPIR-V extension.
- Mortal Shell™ may experience a game or application crash when opening the inventory window in game.
- Enabling HDR on some Radeon FreeSync 2 displays, may intermittently cause the display refresh rate to be forced to the FreeSync ranges minimum refresh rate during gameplay.
- Surviving Mars™ may experience an application crash or hang at launch on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- eFootball PES 2020™ may experience an application crash at launch on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Radeon Overlay may not be available or may fail to invoke on Hybrid Graphics system configurations when playing Hyper Scape™.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive™ may experience intermittent stutter when some applications are running in the background such as third party matchmaking clients or Discord™.
- YouTube playback may become frozen with Microsoft® Edge player and Chrome™ when played on an extended display on some AMD Ryzen™ 7 3000 series and AMD Ryzen™ 4000 series APU system configurations.