The new Operation Scarlet Spear is here for PC players of Warframe, and the patch notes bring some very interesting changes. The new content with a new timed event is just the start. The war against the Sentients may be heating up, but that’s not all Digital Extremes has in store for us.
A handful of new Arbitrations Mods will also be added in Operation Scarlet Spear. Energizing Shot and Mending Shot add new support options for Health and Energy, with Preparation adding a new layer of Energy Buffs to Warframes. Other Mods adds specific buffs to Zephyr, Nezha, and Titania. And speaking of other Mods, Shattering Justice, Stunning Speed and Hammer Shot have all been given a Status Chance buff.
For gameplay changes, there is a ton more than that though. Kuva Lich status effects have now had their cap reduced to 4 stacks. Impact is the sole exception here, as it can stack 6 times. Radiation has also been massively reworked in this mission type to increase the Damage taken from enemies who have turned on the target of the damage.
And yes, there are a ton of fixes and alterations to existing systems as well in Warframe Update 27.3.0. Scripting errors in various areas, as well as some crash bugs, have been eliminated. A handful of UI bugs with some UI elements breaking boundaries have been fixed too. Also, if you were annoyed by some HUD elements and effects in certain levels, they may have been tweaked to be more bearable in this patch. DE even worked in some performance improvements for certain backdrops and particle effects too.
Those interested can find the full patch notes for Warframe Update 27.3.0 Operation Scarlet Spear down below.
Operation: Scarlet Spear
“It’s a two-prong attack – Ground team and Railjack team! “ – Little Duck
Introducing Operation: Scarlet Spear – a brand new event that requires the ultimate effort from the Tenno. The fight against the Sentient Threat has reached new heights – and the Tenno will be using the new “Operation Link” aka OpLink! Ground teams and Space teams will be connected realtime using OpLink – working together to deter the Sentients!
Eligible Tenno will be presented with a brand new Cinematic detailing the state of the world as THE NEW WAR is waged.
For a limited time, earn a new Weapon, a new Weapon Variant, Stance Forma Blueprint, Medals, Arcanes and more! Operation: Scarlet Spear ends on April 21st at 2 p.m ET!
During your voyages into the unknown you will stumble across new Sentient enemies – be prepared!
Once again your favourite cross-armed lady, Little Duck, has taken her interest of Exotic Goods even further to aid you in Operation Scarlet Spear. Keep in mind that you won’t see all of Little Duck’s Exotic Goods right away, as some items will cycle in and out over the duration of the Operation:
- OpLink (REQUIRED FOR OPERATION)
- A device used to manage coordination and resources during Operation Link missions.
- Basmu Blueprint
- This Sentient war instrument can either barrage targets with explosive bolts, or draw on its regenerative battery to create twin plasma beams that chain through targets. When fully drained, Health is leached from nearby foes for a short period.
- Ceti Lacera Blueprint
- Forged for veterans of the Scarlet Spear conflict, this Lacera has been modified to enhance nimbleness and lethality.
- Warframe Arcanes (Unranked)
- Phased Clan Sigil
- Glyphed Clan Sigil
- Gilded Clan Sigil
- Scarlet Spear Hologram Decorations
- Murex Console
- A Sentient Murex projection for the Orbiter.
- Earth Console
- A planet Earth projection for the Orbiter.
- Murex Console
- The Ballroom Simulacrum
- A new arena for the Simulacrum. Who will you invite to dance?
- Stance Forma
- Modifies a Stance slot on a Melee weapon to be compatible with any Mod Polarity.
OPERATION SCARLET SPEAR BUG REPORTING MEGATHREAD: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1177822-operation-scarlet-spear-bug-reporting-megathread-read-first-post/
Arm yourself with new Railjack Avionics to bring aid in the wake of Operation Scarlet Spear! Find these Avionics from new Sentient Fighters, officially known as Gyrix and Ionix, in the Railjack mission of Scarlet Spear.
Increase Shield Regen during a Breach
Decrease Shield Damage from Sentients.
Omni Revolite consumption reduced.
Increased Gunnery Damage vs Sentients.
Reduce Breach Chance.
Increase Maximum Ordnance Munitions.
NOVA ATOMICA SKIN
A crucible of reactive energy harnessed within a streamlined facade.
NOVA ATOMICA COLLECTION
Harness the reactive power of Nova Atomica. Features the Nova Atomica Skin, Alamos Sniper Skin, and Radia Syandana.
Compose ballads of old threats risen anew, with this Shawzin.
NEW SENTIENT THEMED DOJO DECORATIONS
If Biomasses, Biofluid and Bones are your vibe then strap yourself in for an abundance of new Sentient themed Dojo Decorations!
NEW ARBITRATIONS MODS (Max Rank)
Add these new Mods to your Arsenal to spice up your life! These Mods can be purchased from the Arbitrations Honors store in Relays.
+100% maximum Energy is filled on spawn.
Aerial Ace (Rifle)
On Kill: Refresh Double Jump up to 6x while Airborne.
Mending Shot (Rifle – No AoE)
Shoot Health Orbs to obtain them with +110% extra effect.
Energizing Shot (Pistol – No AoE)
Shoot Energy Orbs to obtain them with +110% extra effect.
NEW WARFRAME DISABLE AUGMENTS (Max Rank)
Not everyone desires the Passive attributes that Zephyr, Nezha, and Titania bring, but still want to use them in battle. With these new Augments you can now rid yourself of their attributes and bring them to a more grounded version.
Zephyr: Anchored Glide
Disable Zephyr passive ability. Increase power strength by 15%.
Nezha: Controlled Slide
Disable Nezha passive ability. Increase power strength by 15%.
Titania: Ironclad Flight
Disable vacuum in Razorwing. Reduced damage by 40% while airborne.
The New War Chapters:
As you may already know, in Warframe Revised we added The New War Chapters section of the Codex that allows you to shortcut to the Chimera Prologue and the Erra Quest (Sacrifice Quest completion required).
For those who have not logged in since before Warframe Revised, you will be presented with a welcome screen that now includes a direct shortcut to The New War Chapters to get you up to speed before you play Operation Scarlet Spear.
We’ve made a few changes to The New War Chapters section of the Codex:
- Selecting a completed New War Chapter will show the End of Quest screen.
- Selecting a New War Chapter in progress will show the Quest details like in the Codex.
Ensure you’re ready for the next chapter in The New War!
- Open your eyes to a new Drusus tale with the Nova Leverian! Access the Leverian through the Codex or Market (via Nova).
- Mastery Rank 28 Tenno can now practice the Mastery Rank 29 Test in Cephalon Simaris’ Relay room!
- Added custom reload sounds for the Miter!
- Added an option in Captura to ‘Enable Self-Knockdown’.
Instead of ending in a knockdown or ragdoll, accumulating 5+ Impact Effects will now result in a “big stagger” with smaller staggers leading up to it, which has a random chance to activate a Parazon Finisher if the enemy is under the Health threshold. Each Impact Status adds 10% chance for the Parazon Finisher to be available.
- Gas Effects will continue to tick radial Damage-over-Time for the average of the remaining Effect duration if their host dies.
- Gas Status Area-of-Effect radius increases with the number of stacks, to a max of 10 stacks.
- Removed Gas damage resistance from Toxic Ancient Auras.
Status Chance Mod Changes:
- Increased Hammer Shot Status Chance from 40% to 80%.
- Increased Shattering Justice Status Chance from 20% to 90%.
- Shattering Justice has also changed from being an additive rankup to a multiplicative rankup.
- Increased Stunning Speed Status Chance from 10% to 30%.
Kuva Lich Changes:
Based on feedback with the recent overhaul to Status Effects in Warframe Revised 27.2.0, the conversation of how Status Effects should react with Bosses or VIPS has started. Our first step down this road is starting with Kuva Liches. Currently, there are two special rules to this “Boss Status enabling”:
- No Status Effect will exceed a maximum of 4 stacks, with the exception of Impact which can stack up to 6 times.
- Keep in mind there is a cooldown to how quickly you can stack up Impact Status Effects to avoid stunlocking the Kuva Lich.
- Radiation does not change the enemy’s Faction, and instead of increasing Damage done to enemies with stacks, it increases the Damage taken from enemies who have turned on him/her.
We look forward to your constructive feedback and we work towards applying this to other Bosses/VIPS.
- Further performance improvements towards Titania’s Lantern when cast on a large group of enemies. This particularly affected systems set to Low Particle Quality.
- Improved cache optimization to clean up even more space in the download cache.
- Improved world-state synchronization for Alerts, Sorties and other global events (there may have been up to a minute of desync).
- Optimized backdrop rendering performance in all levels.
- Fixed Codex generation randomizing the block order of the Fragment entries (this should be deterministic to avoid updating several MB of resource for no reason).
- Improved game synchronization in hostile network environments.
Railjack Changes & Fixes:
- Added Battle and Tactical Avionic categories in the Avionics Upgrade screen.
- Crewship boarding will be denied when the meltdown timer has 3 seconds remaining.
- This is to avoid multiple issues with being put into a broken state due to the boarding cinematic competing with the Crewship exploding/attempting to teleport you out.
- Removed the hanger door of the Grineer POI with the ‘Steal the Destroyer’ objective to resolve issues of the door not opening. When in doubt take it out!
- Upon returning back to the Railjack after exiting through the Archwing Cannon, you’ll now be spawned at the back of the Railjack bridge instead of near the Forging Bay.
- Enemies that you’re focused on while in a Turret will now display their Status Effect stacks.
- Fixed Exo Skold Crewships in the Veil Proxima dropping Mk I Armaments. They will now drop MK III Armaments as intended.
- Fixed the UI in the Super Weapon Platform not updating after the Radiator is destroyed for Clients.
- Fixed inability to disengage bombs placed by Grineer Boarding Parties if a Host migration occurs during a Railjack mission.
- Fixed incorrect Archwing movement animations if you exit the Railjack while Bullet Jumping (Moving left will play the forward animation, moving forward will play the moving right animation, etc).
- Fixed a bug where the screenshake from a Grineer Crewship reactor meltdown would linger forever if it was active when the Crewship exploded.
- Fixed Grineer fighters attacking the Derelict POI in Veil Proxima missions.
- Fixed Vidar Reactors Mk III missing their component modifiers. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1172940-vidar-reactors-mk3-lost-their-component-modifiers-fix-pending/
- Fixed Tactical Menu not displaying correct Battle Avionic values that have had their Grid Upgraded in the Dry Dock.
- Fixed case of Crewships sometimes staying completely still.
- Fixed seeing black boxes when in Turret AR mode.
- Fixed Railjack fighters sometimes going out of level bounds while in combat.
- Fixed the ‘Forge All’ button having no effect or sound.
- Fixed having to click the ‘Railjack Crew’ button twice when selecting it from Dojo Navigation.
- Fixed Railjack name text lingering behind when joining another player’s squad and loading into their Dry Dock.
- Fixed missing looping sounds for Ramsleds in the Saturn Proxima and Veil Proxima.
- Fixed a script error when casting the Railjack Void Hole ability.
Foundry Crafting Time Change:
- As per player request, we’ve reduced Forma, Orokin Catalyst, Orokin Reactor, and Exilus Warframe Adapter build time to 23 hours so that 1 can be built consistently every day.
Magus Lockdown Changes:
We are making changes to Magus Lockdown due to it being virtually one of the best CC and Damage combinations in the game. In some cases you can clear waves of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught without even using a Warframe or Weapon, and simply spam Magus Lockdown to victory. This goes well beyond the intended use of it and we are changing it to a CC only Arcane – true to its name – Magus Lockdown!
- Magus Lockdown will no longer apply Puncture damage to tethered enemies.
- The amount of active Tethers is now limited to 2 per player.
- For example, Void Dash once > one Tether, Void Dash again > 2nd Tether, Void Dash a 3rd time > 3rd Tether, 1st Tether dies etc..
- Magus Lockdown no longer affects the Golden Maw due to the Arcane killing the Maw and preventing Quest completion.
- This also fixes a script error when Magus Lockdown activates while encountering a Golden Maw.
- Grendel’s Nourish now mimic’s Titania’s Tribute buff selector.
- If you’re unfamiliar with Titania’s Tribute buff selector, this means that Nourish is a tap to cycle/select buff and hold to cast. This is a reverse of how it functioned prior to this Update.
- When consumed by Grendel, Sentients now have a max duration they can be consumed before popping out that is affected by diminishing returns.
- This change was made to prevent Grendel from prog stopping missions where all Sentients must be exterminated for the mission to succeed.
- Grendel can now consume Grenades – cause why not!
Titania Changes & Fixes:
- Titania has a new Passive: Titania generates Health for herself and nearby Allies every time she casts an Ability (4hp/second for 20 seconds)! The personal Titania Parkour Boost is staying, just the communal Trampoline isn’t.
- Titania can now use Blink while in her Razorwing ability!
- Fixed casting Titania’s Razorwing right as you fall into a teleport volume in the Simulacrum resulting in an infinite white screen.
Arcane UI Changes:
- Updated the Arcane ‘DISTILL’ term to ‘BREAK DOWN’ to acquaint new Arcane Management mechanics.
- Added tips to the Arcane screen for ‘BREAK DOWN’, Arcanes that refresh, and how to obtain respective Arcanes.
- Arcanes are now displayed with their respective Icon in the HUD, instead of the generic Arcane icon.
- The Rank-Up callout is now displayed to the left of the next Arcane Rank in the Arcane Upgrade screen when using a controller.
- Arcanes that are sold in Vendor Offerings will now only show Max Rank tooltip information, and UI indication that the Arcane you’re purchasing is Unranked.
- This fixes Arcane tooltips expanding off screen when viewed in Vendor Offerings.
- Clarified Arcane requirements for Arcane Trickery, Arcane Ultimatum, and Exodia Might by adding ‘Kill’ to the ‘On Finisher’ line.
- Increased Status Chance for the Gunblade type weapons to match new Shotgun Status Chance values.
- Made Fall Off changes to the following weapons:
- Fall Off increased from 20-40m to 10-20m.
- Redeemer Prime
- Fall Off increased from 20-40m to 10-30m.
- The Rakta Dark Dagger Shield bonus when damaging an enemy afflicted by Radiation is now only granted if you have Shields.
- Atlas’ Immovable Passive now also applies to Staggers.
- Added support for Bosses to display active Status Effects on their special Health bar.
- Removed Stealth Melee bonus always applying to Simulacrum enemies when ‘Pause AI’ is enabled, thus giving non authentic numbers when testing Loadouts.
- The Warframe Upgrade Arsenal stats now display Resistance values granted by Mods:
- Made spawn changes to improve flow of enemies in the Lua Survival tileset.
- Removed knockdown from Elite Shield Lancer grenades.
- Charging weapons, like the Staticor, previously only showed Charged Attack Damage in the Arsenal stats, we now additionally show Quick Shot Damage values below the Charged Attack stats.
- You will no longer receive Ghoul Threat Inbox messages due to their redundancy.
- Enemies inside Void Fissure Spy vaults that are not engaged in combat will no longer become Corrupted.
- This fixes enemies in Void Fissure Spy vaults setting off alarms when becoming Corrupted.
BUG MEGATHREAD FOR CHANGES:
- Fixed being unable to restore default controller bindings on PC.
- Fixed inability to activate Railjack Abilities bound to the same button as ‘MOVE_UP’.
- Fixed context actions sometimes not displaying the correct key to use them on controller.
- Fixed nonfunctional controller callouts when upgrading Avionics and attempting to filter the type.
- Fixed the controller callouts for “Toggle Interior” and “Randomize All” in the Railjack Customization Menu not functioning properly.
- Fixed the Chat window scroll bar moving after each mission when using a controller.
- Fixed two Callouts for the same button, Sort and Break Down, in the Arcane Manager Screen when using a controller.
- Fixed Rank Up button not appearing outside of the Arcane Equip screen when opened via Foundry.
- Fixed enemies marked by Garuda’s Seeking Talons not being prone to receiving a Slash Status Effect.
Deferred Rendering & HDR Fixes:
- Fixed black squares appearing on the enemy grenade indicators when HDR is enabled.
- Fixed black squares appearing in the Railjack HUD with Deferred Rendering enabled.
- Fixed black squares appearing in the Arcane Manager screen and Relic Manager screen with Deferred Rendering enabled.
- Fixed Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead ability appearing wrong when Deferred Rendering is enabled.
- Fixed Teplo Syandana and Nikana Prime materials appearing translucent with Deferred Rendering enabled.
- Fixed black-lit rocks in dioramas with Deferred Rendering enabled.
- Fixed lights affecting static/dynamic-only objects with Deferred Rendering enabled.
- Fixed a crash when casting Amesha’s Warding Grace ability.
- Fixed a crash while in the Simulacrum with a bunch of Heavy Gunners spawned.
- Fixed Kuva Siphon missions sometimes ceasing to register destruction of the Kuva clouds for the remainder of the mission.
- Fixed Meleeing while in Vallis/Plains Archwing to avoid a self-stagger resulting in basic ground functionality breaking until you die/Revive.
- Fixed Mercy kills not applying to Rivens with a ‘Finisher’ challenge.
- Fixed dynamic encounters in Orb Vallis causing Drone Defense Health tracks to not appear.
- Fixed ice on the vents of the Exploiter Orb not appearing for Clients.
- Fixed the HUD disappearing if you look away at the wrong time during the Exploiter Orb boss fight intro. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1136226-hud-disappearing-in-the-exploiter-orb-fight-fix-pending/
- Fixed enemies that possess Damage types that affect Shields directly (Sentient Battalyst, etc) also affecting your Health.
- Fixed Exodia Contagion not triggering if your weapon is out of Ammo.
- Fixed Mirage’s Explosive Legerdemain Augment damaging everything within range, including allies or even the Defense objective, if the Mirage leaves the game session.
- Fixed Equinox Duality Augment causing the clone to hold their weapon funny if spawned during Pistol + Glaive mode.
- Fixed the Juggernaut’s quill-firing attack animation not showing for Clients.
- Fixed Mag’s Magnetize sometimes making enemies orbit around a central target when ‘Magnetic Pull’ was maxed with Mods.
- Fixed Mag Pulling certain enemies that should not be pushed/pulled.
- Fixed missing Kuva Lich image in their farewell transmission when Vanquished.
- Potential fix for Steam rarely and mysteriously uninstalling Warframe.
- Fixed inability to install Catalysts on certain weapons (Cernos, Opticor, etc).
- Fixed cases where Corpus Ratels were spawning as friendly and thus invincible.
- Fixed Radial Attack Mods not having any effect on Tombfinger Kitguns.
- Fixed Shield Restores not fully resetting Shield Gate duration.
- Fixed the Simulacrum’s ‘Invincibility’ option not applying to Clients.
- Fixed some players receiving duplicate Mastery for the Mote Amp.
- The duplicate Mastery will be removed on login.
- Fixed Kuva Shield Lancer having a defective shield that blocks no bullets.
- Fixed doing a weird Melee Slam during a Self-Stagger.
- The Slam will occur after the Stagger has finished.
- Fixed Heavy Melee Slam Attacks not triggering Hydroid’s Passive to spawn a Tentacle.
- Fixed Transference triggering Octavia’s Inspiration Passive.
- It’s intended to only be Octavia’s abilities that triggers the buff.
- Fixed inability to lift off the ground when casting Hildryn’s Aegis Storm ability.
- Fixed missions that pre-check eligibility for Archwings not actually checking.
- Fixed receiving an error upon donating more than 9,999,999 Credits to the Leverian Donation Box.
- Fixed the Arcane Manager ‘Incomplete’ section displaying Arcanes that have been max Ranked.
- Fixed Ved Xol from The Index having a physics type that allows him to slide around like the Scrambus enemies despite having the animations of a walking enemy.
- Fixed Kavats breaking their appearance when spending Platinum to unlock a new Appearance Config Slot. As reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/ezqhf8/please_fix_my_cat/
- Fixed enemy grenade FX not appearing to pulse/flash for Clients.
- Fixed the Ballistica firing its arrows sideways when equipped with the Dali Skin.
- Fixed Garuda appearing to hold all Melee weapons in a fisticufs style when viewed in the Market.
- Fixed the Spore Ephemera not scaling when in Archwing.
- Fixed Sugatras being misaligned when equipped on the Lacera.
- Fixed the Stratus Pistol Skin animating incorrectly in the Arsenal.
- Stratus Pistol now stays in the “idle” pose rather than “holstered” when equipped in the Arsenal.
- Fixed the “death by fire burnt body material” applying to unintentional meshes.
- Fixed the Jet FX colour on Frost’s Harka Skin resetting back to default when entering the Navigation panel.
- Fixed Prime weapon hilts flicking with small movement.
- Fixed unnecessary tracer FX on the Dual Decursion projectile.
- Fixed a missing window portal in the Lua Exterminate tileset.
- Fixed missing wall materials in sections of the Grineer Galleon Defense tilesets.
- Fixed Dojo Room selection screen appearing to be partially scrolled down upon first opening.
- Fixed Companion stat comparisons in the Arsenal being incorrect, as they were somehow being compared to your Warframe.
- Fixed Melee weapon damage stats being shown twice in the Arsenal.
- Fixed Volatile Runner Enemy Name lingering in the HUD.
- Fixed Mastery Rank 15 Interception test UI using old HUD technology.
- Fixed Enemy Names appearing offset at low resolutions if the HUD scale is greater than 100.
- Fixed the UI sometimes showing the incorrect binding for Reviving. This was most prevalent on Switch, but could happen on other platforms if you changed bindings before dying.
- Fixed having to press ESC twice to exit some menus.
- Fixed Opticor Quick Attacks being compared to Charged Attacks and showing green numbers as if there is improvement in the stat summary in the Arsenal.
- Fixed Melee Stance combos missing their combo instructions if your Melee attack is bound to the mouse wheel scroll up/ down.
- Fixed spinning wildly if initiating movement while an Inbox message was forced open.
- Fixed global Boosters not displaying in the UI while in mission.
- Fixed parts of the DPD (Detailed Purchase Dialog) appearing hidden when changing resolutions.
- Fixed longer Research names going off screen in Clan Research Labs.
- Fixed ‘100x Resource’ icons appearing squished in Clan Research Labs.
- Fixed ‘Total’ Arsenal Stat positioned incorrectly above Damage values in the UI.
- Fixed [PH] tags for Resistance types when looking at a Warframe through a Scanner.
- Fixed the Trading Policy popup in the Trade screen coming up every time a Trade is opened for some players.
- Fixed Mods showing rankup pips under their name in the tooltip when viewing from a Vendor.
- Fixed missing subtitles during final Second Dream cinematic.
- Fixed a script error caused by Sentinel Precepts being automatically reactivated in missions where Mods are deactivated/have been removed (Grendel missions).
- Fixed a script error when solving the Hydraulus puzzle in Octavia’s Anthem Quest.
- Fixed numerous script errors when casting numerous Warframe abilities.
- Fixed a script error when a Life Support spawns in a Survival mission.
- Fixed a script error when disabling the Alarms in a Survival mission.
- Fixed a script error when destroying a Frozen Infested Hive.
- Fixed a script error when placing Fireworks.
- Fixed a script error when Fishing.