Starpoint Gemini 2 Launches on Xbox One
Little Green Men scores perfect timing with launching Starpoint Gemini 2 – their space-sim/RPG, in the middle of Christmas shopping fever. The game is now available on Xbox One platform.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – December 11th , Zagreb, Croatia
Starting today Xbox One users have a great opportunity to treat themselves with an amazing tactical space-sim/RPG – Starpoint Gemini 2. Originally released on PC, the title received over 2000 positive opinions on Steam, sold over 150 000 copies and won several awards. Including PC Gamer’s Best PC Games of 2014 and IndieDB’s Indie of the Year 2014.
In Starpoint Gemini you’ll get a chance to become a captain of your own space ship, exploring the Universe. You will need to plan your tactics to fight your way through the enemies‘ fleet. You’ll control a vast arsenal of space ships, everything from small and agile gunships to heavy-duty deadly carriers. Space will be your battlefield, and now no loading screens will break your seamless experience. Even in the fiercest battles, you’ll be able to secure your progress thanks to a brand new saving system, that allows you to save your game progress at anytime, anywhere. And all that for only 34.99 EUR or 34,99 USD.
It has been two years since the end of the second Gemini war, the situation in the wartorn system is further from a resolution than ever.
The collection of freedom fighters named Gemini League is now reduced to a small group, with no power or influence, after losing their leaders. The Empire meanwhile, has re-opened the Starpoint to occupy the once renegade Gemini sector – and beyond.
A multitude of Imperial warship fleets and mammoth motherships have crushed every trace of opposition. The situation was looking bleak, when they suddenly halted their armada and re-shifted their focus on fortifying Starpoint with staggering numbers. Rumours soon spread that they were afraid of something coming after them through the T-gate, from what was supposed to be the core of the Empire. What are they running from that makes even the mighty Empire tremble?
Starpoint Gemini 2 will take players on a breath taking journey with dark secrets and unimaginable twists that will finally unveil the incredible truth.
● Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat.
● Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps.
● Use T-Gates, wormholes and riftways to travel faster around the Gemini system.
● Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies, to outlaws locked in a power struggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
● Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
● Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical).
● Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances.
● Over 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with a.o. visible turrets, and a large arsenal of destructive weapons to blast enemies to pieces.
● Direct ship controls create complete immersion.
● Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology.
The Xbox One version of the game will also include:
● A brand new saving system – save your game progress at any point, anytime.
● Entirely new HUD design, both new visual appearance and functionality crafted for Xbox controllers.
● Added new camera mode, „rotate and follow“, for easier maneuvering when playing.
● Redesigned user interface with new quick access controls.
● Added Xbox achievements.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.