Warner Bros. has announced that 2017’s Middle-earth: Shadow of War, the sequel to Shadow of Mordor, will be getting a definitive edition at the end of August, titled simply The Definitive Edition.
The Definitive Edition features the main game, along with the full Expansion Pass, all the additional content and patched added up to this point will be included in the release. All the Orc tribes, new missions and story content in one handy piece. There’s a lot included, so let’s not waste any time.
Here’s the full list of all included DLC content:
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Main Game
- Slaughter Tribe – Nemesis Expansion
- Outlaw Tribe – Nemesis Expansion
- Blade of Galadriel – Story Expansion
- Desolation of Mordor – Story Expansion
If you want the full list of changes from the base game to The Definitive Edition, here you go:
- Complete removal of the market and in-game microtransactions.
- Streamlined post-game Epilogue (formerly Shadow Wars) with new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion, plus new Masks of the Nazgûl player rewards.
- Numerous improvements bringing further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, along with added traits and behaviours for Orc enemies, more Legendary Orcs to encounter and more ways to get Training Orders.
- Follower level cap has been increased to 80, enemy Captain level cap has been increased to 85, greater XP rewards, new Prestige skills, upgrades and more.
- Players can now use Mirian to raise the level of a piece of gear to their current level and use gems to re-roll abilities.
- Added player skins for Celebrimbor, Eltariel, Dark Eltariel, Baranor and Serka.
- Added search feature to challenge specific players’ Overlords and fortresses in Friendly Mode.
- Added new mode to defend fortresses against never-ending waves of Sauron’s forces.
- Added Rebellion feature to crush rebel Ologs and Uruks who undermine the Bright Lord.
- Photo Mode has been upgraded with new filters, textures and other styles to enhance the experience.
- Added Brutal and Gravewalker difficulty levels.
- Added player stats page to track in-game enemy kills, dominations and betrayals.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War – Definitive Edition will be available for $59.99/£49.99. It releases August 28 in North America and August 31 in the UK for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. If you’ve waited to pick this game up, now is the best time absent a major discount sale.
Shadow of War went through a lot of changes over the last year. With the massive controversy over loot boxes that the initial progression system for this game spawned, it was only a matter of time until that system was revamped. Which is exactly what happened when the developers removed the loot box system entirely, and overhauled the end-game “Shadow Wars” system to compensate.