The Anemoculus and Geoculus Resonance Stones will be added to the game in the 1.1 update, which also adds a key new system to Genshin Impact. Oculus Resonance Stones will be added as part of the City Reputation system, and will be locked behind progression into the game, There are multiple kinds of Oculus Resonance Stone for each element, using them will unlock a special spawn that has some unique rewards once you find it.
This means you need to unlock the City Reputation system. Here’s how to do that:
- Reach Adventure Rank 25 or above to unlock the City Reputation system.
- Mondstadt Reputation: Complete the archon quest “The Outlander Who Caught the Wind” Prologue: Act I.
Once you have done that, it’s time to start getting these stones. From there you need to do quests, bounties, and requests for NPCs in the game’s cities to increase your rank. Once you get to new levels, the game will reward you with some new crafting recipes.
- Reach Reputation Level 2 in Mondstadt to obtain the Anemoculus Resonance Stone crafting blueprint.
- Reach Reputation Level 2 in Liyue to obtain the Geoculus Resonance Stone crafting blueprint.
The rewards are actually Blueprints, and you can then build the Resonance Stones at any crafting bench, as long as you have the required materials.
How to use Anemoculus and Geoculus Resonance Stones
- After using an Oculus Resonance Stone, this will create a small blue area in the local zone. That blue area will contain Elemental Oculus spawns.
- When the Elemental Oculus shows up, you will see it on the mini-map and the blue markers will go away.
- You cannot use the next Oculus Resonance Stone while the current one is still in effect or if, after locating the Elemental Oculus, there is another Elemental Oculus nearby. You may only have one Oculus Resonance Stone of any type active at one time. You must find and deal with the active spawn before using another.
- An Oculus Resonance Stone has a cooldown of 300 seconds after use. Players will have to be in certain regions to use each kind. The Anemoculus Stone will only work in Mondstadt, while the Geoculus Stone will only work in Liye.