Outward will be expanding its roster of content with a new batch of DLC. The big focus here is the new region being added to the incredibly fantastical world of Aurai. The open-world action role-playing game had plenty of strangeness to behold, and the new region of Antique Plateau adds even more. The story of the new DLC will revolve around new factions and other folks to interact with. Players will build out their relationships and gear as they adventure across the Antique Plateau at the behest of the new Soroborean Caravanners.
The new faction they represent, the Sorobor Academy, will have some new stuff to do, likely revolving around some totally-n0t-nefarious research and academic pursuits. You will center your tasks around the new city, Harmattan, the main city of the Antique Plateau. This place looks very unique, even in the glitzy world of Outward.
New Features in The Soroboreans DLC
In addition to the new region, faction, and quests, The Soroboreans DLC is also adding a number of new systems to the game. Players will find a new set of buffs and debuffs for their builds, as well as some new traveling and questing systems that add new ways to play the game. And yes, this includes the fast travel system that you can now use as you please. Players have wanted this for a while, so that’s nice.
- A new status effect that can cause various buffs and debuffs.
- A new system to upgrade weapons and equipment.
- New fist-type weapons.
- Hex Mage trainer
- In Harmattan, you can find Ella Lockwell, who will allow you to invest in the new Hex Mage skill tree.
- The Runic Train
- A new system to quickly travel between dungeons in the Antique Plateau region.
- The Speedster trainer
- In Harmattan, you can find Serge Battleborn, who will allow you to invest in the new Speedster skill tree.
- Vampiric weapons
- A new option for weapon upgrades which will infuse a weapon with the Thirst enchantment after going to one of the four Blood Altars spread throughout the Antique Plateau.
Outward was already a massive RPG, with a lot of stuff to do. The game had a fair amount of stuff built into the experience that was very thematic, and it was very beautiful to behold indeed. The game is getting some new DLC that adds even more beauty and some more fun and weird stuff to do. Players will be taking on an entirely new region filled with new challenges and threats, but they get more unique weapons to balance the scales. So if that sounds like your thing, get ready because the DLC is coming soon. The Soroboreans DLC is available for consoles on July 7 and Outward is currently discounted to $15.99 on the PlayStation 4.