AMD has released the newest set of drivers for their supported GPUs. The AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.10.3 driver can be downloaded now.
Adrenalin 21.10.3 will be focused on a few new releases, namely: Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Riders Republic and Age of Empires 4. These new PC games have been cited by AMD internal testing as experiencing much better performance with these drivers. You may also see some improvements with recent updates to older titles as well, such as with Doom Eternal’s 6.66 update.
With the launch of the RX 6000-series GPUs from AMD, they’re trying to get as many gamers onto team red as they can. The GPU market still sucks for buyers, but at least gaming is improving in terms of performance.
AMD and Nvidia both have been churning out these drivers for years. The new batch of drivers is the attempt by AMD to improve performance in a few new titles. Every time big new releases like this drop, AMD and Nvidia both rush to release supporting drivers. This helps smooth out launch for new PC games and makes things better for PC gamers.
You can find the full patch notes down below. You can download this new driver from here. You can also use Radeon Software from your desktop to download the update. If you have a supported GPU, run Radeon Software and navigate to the Home tab. On the right-hand side, under Drivers & Software, a new update should be listed.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.10.3 Driver Patch Notes
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™
- Up to 21% increase in performance in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™ @ 4K Ultra Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.3 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6900 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.10.2.RS-423
- Up to 21% increase in performance in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™ @ 4K Ultra Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.3 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.10.2.RS-424
- Riders Republic™
- Age of Empires™ IV
- Up to 45% increase in performance in Age of Empires™ IV @ 4K Max Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.10.3 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.10.2.RS-425
- Doom® Eternal:
- Update 6.66
- In Radeon™ Software, the CPU Tuning feature may be missing for some users with AMD Processors such as Ryzen™ 9 5950X Processor.
- Some users may experience elevated disk space consumption by the Multimedia Athena Dumps folder.
- While playing a game, some users may experience a black screen flicker if they have multiple displays connected and they attempt to switch between open windows (via Alt + Tab shortcut).
- Battlefield™ V may crash during gameplay on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6600 Graphics.
- Image corruption may be observed on some characters when Radeon™ Boost is enabled while playing Cyberpunk 2077® on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT Graphics.