There are many dangerous and unique places to explore in Minecraft.
Some of these are filled with fire and burny things. They can be pretty dangerous if you’re not prepared. The brewing stand in Minecraft is pretty important. You can use it to make some very useful potions. It does take some work to get up and running. Here are all the materials you need to make a brewing stand, as well as what you can do with it. For those too hot to trot areas, you could use a Fire Resistance Potion.
The Fire Resistance Potion in Minecraft also serves a similar need. You can use it to make it through those many lave-infested areas, making it much less likely that fire will take you down. Here’s how to make this vital potion.
How to Make a Fire Resistance Potion in Minecraft
Here are the ingredients you need to make the potion:
- Blaze Powder x1
- Nether Wart x1
- Magma Cream x1
- Bottle of Water x1
First, you need to get Blaze Powder, since you need Blaze Rods anyway, go and farm some Blazes in the Nether to get this done with. While there, you also need a few other Nether ingredients. You also need to gather Nether Wart and Magma Cream. So head to a Nether Fortress and gather some Blaze Rods and Nether Wart. If you get lucky, you can also take out some Magma Creams before you head back to the overworld.
Now it’s time to start brewing. Build that brewing stand, more on that below, and you’re ready to get witchy. Place one ingredient in at a time and wait for it to disappear from the slot. Put the ingredients in at the right time to see the
- Start by placing the water bottle in the bottom slot. You can place up to 3 water bottles to make three potions.
- Then put the Blaze Powder into the box on the far left to activate the Stand.
- Nether Wart goes in first, put it into the branching slot at the top of the stand.
- Now goes in the Magma Cream. Put it into the same slot that the Nether Wart went into.
- Once that’s done processing, you have a new Potion of Fire Resistance.
- You can also use Redstone to increase the three minute duration a bit on each potion after the initial brewing.
How to make a brewing stand
The Brewing Stand is key to making potions. You will need to put the receptacle and the ingredients in the slots on the stand to make your potion. To make one, you need one Blaze Rod, and three of either Cobblestone or Blackstone.
Blaze Rods are the hardest part to get. You need to head back into the Nether and find that Nether Fortress again. You will want to find the fireball-spewing Blazes around the battlements of the Fortress. They spawn very fast, so bring a good set of weapons and armor. Keep taking out Blazes until you get a couple Blaze Rods, then beat a hasty retreat.