Just like the Plains of Eidolon, and Orb Vallis, the Cambion Drift has plenty of fishing and mining to do. Expect to find a whole new crop of both resources unique to the zone. There are tons of cave and surface fish at the Cambion Drift, each one tainted in some way by the Infestation racking the planet. The different types of fish will only appear during the areas two cycles when Fass or Vome, akin to the day/night cycle on Cetus, take hold. Each fish will spawn in certain cycles and can be attracted by a certain kind of bait.
Fish Bait, Fass and Vome
Fass and Vome are two giant wyrms that duel in the skies above the planet. The winning Wyrm will cast the loser down to the surface and their body shall impact the landscape, causing havoc and changing environmental conditions. You will find their glowing residue scattered all over the map in big chunks. Pick it up and then you can craft it into processed bait for the type of Wyrm. Some fish are only attracted to one type of processed bait. You will find the residue during each of the opposing cycles, so Fass Residue is found during a Vome cycle.
The fish are somewhat unique in this area. Sometimes they swim through the water, and other times they float through the air. You cannot catch the fish when they are in the water, and can only do so when they are floating. That means you need to drop your bait in the water when the fish are not present. It seems weird, and it could be a bug, we will have to wait and see if that changes.
To open the fishing menu, just equip one of your fishing spears. From there, you can check out the fish you have caught and get some details on them. Take any fish you get to Daughter, located in the Necralisk, and marked on the minimap by a small fish symbol. She will cut up fish for you, as well as supply you with basic tools and bait. You can also get the Spari spear from her, which is the pole targeted for this zone.
Cave Fish can only be found in the caves that run beneath the surface of Deimos.
- Aquapulmo – An infested specimen found in dark caves. Requires Processed Fass bait to lure out.
- Chondricord – Found in any cave hotspot. A relic of Orokin design that has survived this long through seeming miracle. Filleting results in Benign Infested Tumor, Tubercular Gill System, Spinal Core Section.
- Vitreospina – Found in any cave hotspot. Spinal Core Section can be gotten by fileting this fish, a required Standing material. Filleting results in Benign Infested Tumor, Ferment Bladder, Cranial Foremound, Dendrite Blastoma, Tubercular Gill System, Spinal Core Section.
- Barbisteo – This carnivorous beast loves the dark, and talking other fish as prey. Most often found in the darkest parts of caves. Filleting results in Benign Infested Tumor, Ferment Bladder, Dendrite Blastoma.
- Myxostomata – One of the rarest fish in the zone. Look for the gilded Orokin shell to denote this shiny prize. Requires Processed Vome bait.
- Amniophysi – You will need to bring Fass as bait to catch this one. Can be found most often in the radiant pools of the infested landscape. Filleting results in Benign Infested Tumor, Ferment Bladder, Waxen Sebum Deposit.
- Duroid – A living fossil hearkening back to the Orokin era, this elusive fish hides below the surface of Exocrine pools on the surface of the planet. Filleting results in Benign Infested Tumor, Tubercular Gill System, Biotic Filter.
- Ostimyr – Can only be baited out with the Wyrm Fass active, and can only be found on the surface pools, rather than the open waters, during a Fass cycle. Filleting results in Benign Infested Tumor, Ferment Bladder, Cranial Foremound, Saturated Muscle Mass, Tubercular Gill System.
- Kymaeros – Found most commonly in the Exocrine pools in pools, appears to repel other non-infested specimens. Filleting results in Benign Infested Tumor, Ferment Bladder, Pustulent Cognitive Node
- Cryptosuctus – They are found all over the surface of Deimos. A leftover piece of Orokin tech that has become infested. They will be one of the more common surface fish at the Cambion Drift. Filleting results in Benign Infested Tumor, Ferment Bladder, Pustulent Cognitive Node.
- Glutinox – These larger fish prefer open waters and feast in Vome’s light to gorge themselves on gases in the air and water. Will usually be seen stalking smaller fish. Filleting results in Benign Infested Tumor, Ferment Bladder, Sporulate Sac
While you’re here you might want to check out some of the other guides we have for Heart of Deimos. There are some new resources like Thaumic Distillate to find. There are also new mechanics like the strange Reactive Crystal that you can make use of. Expect more on this stuff and the new expansion soon as well.