The latest major revision of AMD‘s graphics drivers has been released, offering improvements with performance and fixes for various bugs. Let’s dig into what Radeon drivers 19.7.2 have to offer.
This latest batch of driver updates continues the trend of focusing performance and asset delivery to ensure solid performance for the latest AAA games and other important releases. In this case, the Gears 5 beta is an area of focus. Other games are also getting some fixes and optimization though, like Star Wars Battlefront II, which got a fix for flickering and texture bugs.
Some bugs with various Radeon graphics utilities also got axed. For example, an issue with Radeon Wattman not properly applying adjustments with individual games has been deal with.
There are of course, as is common with driver updates, a handful of use cases that may have issues with this release. Some incompatibility with the aging Windows 7 has been cited. AMD’s other software utilities like ReLive could also run into problems. Although it’s important to note that these issues only apply in very specific cases. But those concerned may want to wait a few days for a hotfix to be pushed, if there is one. There may also be workarounds for the issues you encounter discovered.
Find the full patch notes for the AMD Radeon 19.7.2 drivers down below. Those interested can download this new driver from here.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.2 Patch Notes
- GEARS 5™ BETA
- Radeon ReLive streaming and uploading of videos and other content to Facebook™ is currently unavailable.
- Textures in Star Wars® Battlefront II may appear pixelated or blurry when using DirectX®11 API.
- With Radeon Image Sharpening enabled, Radeon Overlay may flicker in DirectX®9 applications or games.
- Valve Index headset may experience flicker for approximately 30 seconds when launching SteamVR on AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics.
- Auto Tuning controls in Radeon WattMan may fail to apply to per game profiles when global Radeon WattMan changes are made.
- Some enemies may experience yellow texture/color corruption in DOOM™.
- Auto Tuning features in Radeon WattMan may show max values instead of increased values when the Auto Tuning results screen is shown.
- Radeon WattMan memory clock gauge may fail to update when memory clock changes have been made.
- AMD Display Drivers may fail to uninstall when using express uninstall on Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
- AMD Log Utility Driver may intermittently fail to install on Windows®7 system configurations.
- Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to appear when toggled in game.
- Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
- Minor stuttering may occur when playing Fortnite™ during the first few minutes of gameplay on AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics.
- Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics may experience a black screen during uninstall on Windows®7 system configurations. A work around is to perform uninstall in safe mode.
- Recording clips with Radeon ReLive may result in blank clips on Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics with Windows®7 system configurations.
- League of Legends™ may fail to launch on Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics with Windows®7 system configurations.