Sometimes, ghost-hunting can get a little stale. Once you learn the patterns of each ghost, it becomes a lot easier to dodge them and complete an investigation in Phasmophobia. Now, that’s changed. With a new patch, developers have added a new class of items to mess with. Phasmophobia cursed possessions are the biggest change in the new patch.
These new items will alter the states of the ghost and can complicate plenty of investigations if not handled properly. Various forms of new behavior for the ghosts, and other improvements, are added, too. The goal here was clearly to mess with the behavior of long-time players.
These are all of the cursed possessions and what they do in Phasmophobia.
- Haunted mirror: The haunted mirror allows you to peer through the ghostly veil and find out where the ghost’s room is located in the house. This will help with targeting ghosts and speeding up investigations.
- Music box: The music box plays musical melodies, these can help you track the ghost. Any nearby spirit will repeat the sounds when played.
- Ouija Board: The Ouija Board has been a big part of the game since launch, and this change adds a few extra steps to communing with ghosts.
- Summoning Circle: The summoning circle brings the ghost to a certain spot and locks them down for a short time. When you need to get a clutch bit of evidence for an investigation, use this.
- Tarot Cards: The Tarot Deck contains 10 unique cards, each card has a certain affect that can affect the match.
- Tortured Voodoo doll: You can use the tortured voodoo doll to force the ghost to react, pushing it to anger.
But it’s not just new items being added. Some items have been tweaked to better work in the new update. The Ouija board has also been reclassified as a new cursed possession. Players will still have to hunt and classify ghosts of various kinds, but now the new patch has added a bunch of new items to hunt.