Xbox One teases next system update that brings mouse and keyboard support
The October 2018 update to the Xbox One console having just been released, fans are already clamoring for more from Microsoft for the massively popular gaming console.
The big focus with this new update, aside from various performance and bug fixes, is that the console is getting an option for full PC peripherals support for games on the platform. This is entirely at the developers’ discretion though, so don’t expect it to show up every title in the library. I could imagine strategy titles or complex RPGs getting the option though, for starters.
The update will deploy to the preview program in a few weeks according to the company.
Here’s the overall preview of the update from Microsoft:
Search will now include more sources
Search in guide is expanding to include assist info and games you have “Ready to Install” or currently own as part of your memberships, including Xbox Game Pass, EA Access, and more! It makes it easier than ever to find the game you are looking for and start playing.
Experiments A subset of Xbox Insiders may see some experimental features in addition to what’s listed above. These are designed to gauge interest and solicit feedback from a more focused group.
As always, thanks to all the Xbox Insiders for your feedback. Your insight and input is both critical and crucial to making a better Xbox experience for gamers around the world.
My Games and Apps
- Fixed navigation issues in My Games and Apps that caused some users not able to select certain tiles in their collection.
- We have fixed the issue users were experiencing with the crashing of games or the Youtube app when you are either launching or resuming the Youtube app and switching between games and the app.
- System Memory and Performance fixes in this build to help with system and spatial audio performance.
- It can take up to 10 seconds to view an Avatar on the profile screen after creating a new Avatar.
- The volume up and down is not functioning when using the media remote. Workaround – Use your TV remote or voice controls.
My Games and Apps
- We are tracking an issue in which game and app updates are not automatically downloading and installing.
- We are tracking an issue in which the console is fully powering off when it is placed into Instant On mode.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
The latest update in October added a new version of the new avatar system.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.