World War Z Update 1.05 enables free DLC and fixes bugs
The latest update for the World War Z game is out, and it’s massive, much like the hordes of undead the game itself unleashes upon players. The 9 GB update brings new content to the battlefield, adjusts a bunch of gameplay elments, and improves the overall experience. Let’s sink out teeth into this newest update.
The update first and foremost introduces a new level and other free addons. The new Tokyo levels are a cool new addition that add some close quarters fighting to the zombie shooter. And speaking of levels, this patch also reworks level layouts across the board to deal with clipping issues, stuck AI scripting and a ton of other problems that would prevent progress in the game. Players will also notice a few other bugs have been squashed, like several gameplay crashes and disconnection issues no longer occurring. Gameplay should be much smoother overall as the AI engine got some improvements too.
The patch also drops in support for private lobbies, something players have been asking for, which allow players to lock access to just themselves or their friends. The mode will also allow World War Z players to turn off AI-controlled bots from these lobbies for added challenge.
The UI elements in a few areas have been tweaked as well. Saber Interactive have added in FOV options, and the ability to change loadouts mid-match. Players also can now see the maximum difficulty each level was completed on with the 1.05 update.
The final segment of the update tweaks damage and other balance problems with a variety of weapons like the Compact SMG, Machine Pistol and Sporting Carbine.
World War Z is out now for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Check out the full patch notes for the 1.05 update down below.
World War Z Update 1.05 Patch Notes
- Added Tokyo 3 level
- Added new special zombie that will spawn on all levels
- Added private lobbies
- Added ability to host the game locally in private lobbies
- Added ability to disable bots in private lobbies
- Added UI that shows maximum difficulty each level was completed on
- Added FOV scale slider
- Added option to change PvP loadout during the game
- Added feature that will prevent Lurker from spawning near players that are joining the game in progress.
- Tripled delay which governs how often Lurker can spawn in exact same position
- Constant sprinting will now aggro zombies from a bigger distance
- Reworked “zombie stagger” mechanics. When hit, zombies used to play a long hit animation based on gun caliber and an element of randomness. Now they will play hit animation based on gun caliber and if they are hit repeatedly in a short time frame. This will make shotguns and fast firing more consistent with staggering zombies.
- AI Director will spawn less primary weapons if players are already carrying tier 3 weapons.
- When AI Director decides to spawn a small wave of zombies, it will contain more zombies, but the wave duration will be shorter
- Made stealth more consistent across all levels; executing perfect stealth will delay the first wave of non-swarm zombies
- Compact SMG. Non-silenced version deals 8% more damage\
- Machine Pistol. Bottom branch version 5 deals 6% more damage
- Machine Pistol. Increased rate of fire by 9% for all versions
- Sporting Carbine. Top branch versions deal 5% more damage.
- Sporting Carbine. Bottom branch versions’ mag size is increased by 3.
- Advanced SMG. Non-silenced version 5 deals 5% more damage.
- Advanced SMG. Increased accuracy of both versions 4’s.
- Sniper Rifle. Top branch now has a bigger magazine and better handling.
- Sniper Rifle. Bottom branch deals bigger damage with more penetration and accuracy.
- Heavy Sniper Rifle. Reduced projectile size to prevent accidental detonation.
- Revolver. Significantly increased damage. It will be able to kill a zombie om highest difficulty with 1 shot.
- Double-Barreled Shotgun. Doubled the distance at which damage begins to reduce.
- Double-Barreled Shotgun. Reduced damage in PvP by 8%
- Secondary Grenade Launcher. Increased max ammo from 3 to 5
- Improved hit detection in Pvp
- C4 will no longer detonate in midair if hit by a friendly fire (it still can be detonated after it lands on something)
- Fixed some of the visual upgrades not showing up properly on weapon customization screen
- Fixed some of the weapon variant icons not reflecting actual visual weapon upgrades on that weapon.
- Fixed Pump-Action shotgun displaying LOD model as well as the actual model
- Fixed gun recoil reset when swapping weapons
- Stim Pistol will now prioritize players in downed state when multiple targets are available
- If multiple players are using “Please Stand Up” perk, only one will trigger if the entire team is down.
- All “Spawn with a Heavy Weapon” type perks will now properly adjust heavy weapons that are picked up during gameplay
- Improved performance
- Fixed several gameplay crashes
- Fixed several issues causing disconnects when joining friend’s game in progress
- Fixed issue that was causing 2 players appearing as the same character in game
- Fixed a large number of gameplay bugs that were causing inability to progress in levels
- Made some adjustments to AI Director that will make Moscow 3, Tokyo 2, Jerusalem 1, Jerusalem 3, and NY 3 slightly harder and Jerusalem 2 and Tokyo 1 slightly easier.
- Improved navigation on Moscow 2 level
- Fixed issue that was causing zombie health scaling to trigger incorrectly for some zombies. In general, this makes Very Hard and Insane difficulties a little bit harder
- Fixed issue that was causing Aim Assist to work even if it was disabled in options
- Improved pickup selection system when multiple objects could be picked up by player
- Fixed an issue that was causing player to respawn with 0 ammo.
- Fixed issue that was preventing dead players turning into zombies in some cases.
- Added backpakcs for character models in “Collection” screen.
- Fixed crash on party leader change during session start countdown.
- Fixed issue that was causing pickup progress bar not to appear in some cases.
- Fixed player and specialization level display sync in scoreboard and lobby.
- Fixed Barricade defense kit icon display on HUD.
- Backstory unlocked UI indicator will no longer display if you have already unlocked the backstory video.
- Fixed issue that was casuing some weapons to deal less damage with explosive ammo active in PvP.
- Fixed friendly/enemy player overhead marker not appearing in some cases.
- Fixed “Floor is Lava” trophy not triggering correctly.
- Player will no longer drop defense kits when picking up C4 charges in Japan.
ISKMogul is a growing video game publication that got its start covering EVE Online, and has since expanded to cover a large number of topics and niches within the purview of gaming.