Just like the previous seasons, Chapter 2 Season 7 of Fortnite has a bunch of new mechanics and some secrets to unlock. With the changes to the Battle Pass, there’s a lot more to deal with. There are a few challenges in Week 3 of Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7. Like previous seasons you need to find Gold to buy weapon upgrades and cool stuff. That means you’re going to have to interact with NPCs and trade them stuff.
For this challenge, you need to trade bundles of nuts and bolts for Gold Bars. But first, you need to actually find some of these things.
Where to find nuts and bolts in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7
The best place to find nuts and bolts in Fortnite is the red toolboxes found around the map. They will often be found at any POI, or at least nearby. The spawns change a lot, so it’s a matter of looking around the map. Use the image below to see an example of what you’re after. The tool boxes with nuts and bolts inside look like a generic red box, often found sitting on the ground. You can also find them inside some buildings.
Look at the map below to see the locations you can head to during Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7 Week 3 to get some bolts. You can head to the two spots marked below:
When you get them, it’s time to make use of them. That means you need to hunt down two specific NPCs. One of them is Rick Sanchez, who’s located on the top floor of the IO Base east of Weeping Woods. The second NPC is Marigold, who can be found who wanders around the eastern side of Lazy Lake. You can head to these NPCs and sell Nuts and Bolts in exchange for gold.
You can find the rest of the Week 3 Chapter 2 Season 7 challenges below:
- Dance near a lit campfire (0/1) – 30,000 XP
- Catch fish at fishing spots (0/5) – 30,000 XP
- Destroy Boats (0/3) – 30,000 XP
- Glide 20 meters while holding a chicken (0/20) – 30,000 XP
- Finish in the top 10 (0/1) – 30,000 XP
- Travel between Porta-Potties – (0/1) – 30,000 XP
- Use Nuts and Bolts (0/3) – 30,000 XP
- Get Sloane’s orders from a Pyaphone (0/1) – 15,000 XP
- Converse with Sunny, Joey, or Beach Brutus (0/1) – 15,000 XP
- Place signs in Pleasant Park and Lazy Lake (0/4) – 30,000 XP
- Place Boomboxes in Believer Beach (0/2) – 30,000 XP
- Place alien light communication device on mountain tops (0/2) – 30,000 XP
- Collect cat food (0/2) – 30,000 XP