There are a lot of dangerous things in New World, and you can get taken down by any one of them. And it’s not just players you have to watch out for, the environment can be dangerous too. There’s a limitless number of ways you can be taken out. Since you can’t even swim right now, things are pretty dangerous. You will absolutely want to make better gear the first chance you get.
That means you need to put some time into finding new resources. Once you have other resources like Iron, you can prospect for more valuable metals. Jewelcrafting in New World is an essential profession for making some of the more useful gear, and you need gold and silver to do it. Here’s where to find Gold in New World.
Where to Find Gold in New World
Similar to iron and silver veins in New World, gold is primarily located in rockier, mountainous areas, so you’re going into the darker caves to find it. It’s a very valuable thing to have, so you’re going to want to keep reading to learn how to farm for it.
Gold Bars are considered a Tier 3 Precious Metal. You can use Gold Ingots in recipes at the Outfitting Station Tier 3, such as Rings and Amulets. depending on mining skill and mining luck, you can also get various gems from these nodes.
If you want a fast way to find any resource, use the New World map that the community has put together. If you want to know without having to fiddle with it, keep reading.
- Windsward – Eldergate, Perilbrook, Buccaneer Falls, west of Watchtower.
- Everfall – There are several areas where you can mine Gold Ore around Everfall, both to the north and to the east of the settlement. The Midnight Den is a low-level area with Iron, Gold, and Silver ore. Arcturus and many other zones will have small clusters as well.
- Cutlass Keys – Rothoard Hollow is a good place to look. Look along the cliffs and you will find it.
- Monarch’s Bluff – Start by hitting up Devil’s Quarry and Divine Rise. If you’re having trouble as low-level player, check the Devil’s Quarry just east of Monarch’s Bluffs Hamlet.
- Great Cleave – If you’re into the later game, this is a decent spot to look, specifically in the east at the Defiler Excavation. This area is guarded by a level 43 Deepit Abomination, so not as challenging as some higher-level areas.
So that’s how and where you can find Gold in New World.